“Best Beef in the city.”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Can't recommend Al's #1 any higher. Whenever we're in the area, we always stop by here. Always get a Big beef, dipped w/Sweet Peppers. Their fries are pretty amazing, too. Definitely top 5 fried I've had, and I've eaten lots of fries. ;)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

the sandwich was just not good. many people like this place, and i just don't get it. i was less than impressed. even portillo's does a better sandwich. manny's is far better for a sandwich.

2  Thank Troy G
Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you want a good quick sandwitch, this is the place, I your looking for atmosphoere go to Portillo's Hot Dogs witch is a couple of blocks east. It's a basic lunch couter type place with very limted seating.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Now that Mr Beef is closed I turn to Al's when I am downtown for my Italian Beef fix. Great flavor, nice roll that you can still almost eat with your hands if you get it dipped!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just happened to watch the Man Vs Food episode featuring Al's and we went there for lunch during our recent visit to Chicago, it was a short walk from our hotel. Very good value for the money, food is good, preparation is quick, seat was readily available. No complains, worth the money, and the walk

Been to Al's #1 Italian Beef? Share your experiences!