“Nice music venue & sports bar”
Review of Joe's

Joe's
Ranked #2,394 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great smaller venue to see a band or to watch a game. The bar is big and there's a nice patio with plenty of screens to watch a game. The concert venue is great to see a band up close. The food is typical bar food (average) and the beer & drinks are somewhat pricey, even for Chicago.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

I went here on a romantic get-away with my husband. The food and the atmosphere were excellent. I ordered the rib eye (as I always do) and it was one of the best I've ever had, and I have a lot of experience with steak! :) My husband ordered the bone-in filet mignon and though I usually find this cut a little bland, this steak was flavorful and moist. The prices are what you would expect for a restaurant of this type so be prepared to break out the credit card. You won't mind though because the food, service and atmosphere are all worth the cost.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

JOE’S Chicago 60 East Grand Ave., Chicago IL 60611

Visiting Chicago we went the first time to Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab to have my “Birthday Steak” 2010.

I highly recommend making a reservation to get a table.

I choose it cause of the rating on the web as one of the Top10 Steakhouses.

Since I don't like seafood, I was a bit down that they don't offer any none seafood starters apart of mushrooms, which I am sorry also don't like.

I ordered the BONE-IN FILET MIGNON 16oz. it was excellent, still I might not order it again as I was disturbed by the yaki stuff between bone and meat at the end.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is not just to my taste, it is very loud and rather dark in brown colors.

We also had dessert which was OK, as a former pastry chef, I just expect more in this price range….

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2008

unpopular-pop bands, sports bar. mediocre food...hard to tolerate.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 22, 2008

Deep fried and covered with cheese.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Joe's? Share your experiences!