“Perfect”

Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Minneapolis
“Perfect”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We live in MN but every time we visit Chicago we make a stop at Bacino's. And we always have deep dish pizza (although my brother raved about the spaghetti which was a good sized portion). My favorite is sausage, garlic, mushroom and green olive. The key is that the garlic compliments the light, tomato sauce on the pizza.

They also have beer flights but stay away from the two rabbits - it tastes like lemon pee. ;)

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Karsko

• Serbian first
St. Paul, MN
“Really good deep dish pizza, bread, great location”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This restaurant is located in the Club Quarter's hotel on Wacker. Had a nice pear salad, great bread with a uniquely sweet (but not overpowering) tang to it and a good crust, and really nice deep dish pizza that hit sweet (sauce, though not too sweet), buttery (crust), salty, and spicy with the addition of giardiniera. Really nice, simple, deep dish pizza in a relaxed but nice setting.

Visited August 2012
Ringgold, Georgia
“Love their pizza!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

With our son getting treatment at Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago - Bacino's is very close by. We love their pizza! Delicious! We have tried other pizza resturants in Chicago & always come back to Bacino's! Our favorite! Only downside - the bathroom is not wheelchair accessible.

• Visited April 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“As good as I remembered”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Back in the early 1980's I used to drive into Chicago from Northwest Indiana with my wife and then infant son Saturdays for her to attend a class. My son and I used to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo while my wife went to class and afterword we would occassionally go to Bacino's for pizza. Like almost every else, we think of ourselves as connoisseurs of pizza and Bacino's was (is) one of our favorites. I happen to think that Chicago style pizza is in a class by itself and all others are just poor imitations. When I happened to be in Chicago in January for a business meeting I invited my wife to go along. One of the first things that we agreed upon was a visit to Bacino's. It was as good as I remembered. I went to Gioradon's the next night and I still like Pizzeria Uno, but Bacino's remains my favorite.

• Visited January 2012
Big Island, Hawai'i
“Spinach and cheese stuffed pizza - yum!”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We went to Bacino's yesterday as part of our Chicago Food Planet's River North food tour (will do a review on that tour soon) so I don't know how much the pizza actually cost. Had a very filling slice of spinach and cheese stuffed pizza, and it was delicious. The sauce complented the other ingredients well. The crust was crunchy and not oily at all as you'd expect in a pizza. The cheese, and there was a lot of it, was not oozing oil. (I was told that they use a low-fat cheese and only butter to grease the pan/no oil in the actual crust). Overall, I really enjoyed my first slice of deep-dish pizza. I'm thinking of going back to try a different type of deep-dish - maybe a slice that is a little less healthy ;)

• Visited October 2011