“Disappointing”
Review of Italian Village

Italian Village
Ranked #130 of 9,548 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Three restaurants in one historic building, the Italian Village is home to The Village, La Cantina Chophouse and Vivere. All three have their own chef and make their own way, each catering to a different restaurant experience. Whichever experience you choose, you can't go wrong. Our 35,000-bottle wine collection fills hearts with joy and our waitstaff, many of them with us for decades, ensure your dining experience here at the Italian Village is memorable. We treat you like family!
del mar, ca
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 1, 2008

While visiting Chicago with friends we took a party of six to Italian Village on recommendation of a long time local. Food was mediocre. Service confused and confusing. Wine steward argumentative. There must be better Italian somewhere in Chicago.

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
“Great Italian Cuise and Atmosphere....”
Reviewed September 28, 2008

My wife surprised me with this restaurant for my birthday and it was well worth it. I recommend trying to place reservations ahead of time, because the wait can be quite long, as we noticed walking out. We ate around 5:45pm on a Saturday and as a party of 2, we were seated almost immediately. It seemed like we beat the rush.

The service was great. There are people there that help with the menu, recommend entrees and add to the overall experience. The inside of the restaurant has an old Italian village theme, to include tables that are inset in "mini rooms" to appear like buildings in a town. That's obviously quite unique.

Our server referred to my wife as "Bella" all night and was very accomodating to us both. The portions were quite large, and my wife and I split the Pork Chops Vesuvio, which came with green bean, a salad, and potatoes on the side. It las loaded with flavor and the meal filled us both....well almost. We finished the experience off with the best Tiramisu I've ever had. My wife isn't even a huge tiramisu fan, and she enjoyed it. Overall, it was a GREAT birthday dinner!

Danville, Illinois
“Perfectly adequate dinner before theater”
Reviewed September 27, 2008

We attended a show for Jersey Boys at the Bank of America theater which is practically across the street from the Italian Village restaurant. It was a convenient location for dinner and everything was nice. The interior is a little cheesy, but for the kind of experience you're getting, it is nice. The food was good - the pasta was obviously homemade and very good. My husband loved his lasagna. The service was great - we felt it was very attentive. The portions were good - not too large or too small. We left feeling full and content with plenty of time to make it to the show.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's pretty popular, but...”
Reviewed September 24, 2008

It's pretty popular, but I wasn't that impressed. There is much better Italian available in Chicago. Convenient for pre-dinner theatre.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Excellent service, but very average Italian food and steak.

Been to Italian Village? Share your experiences!