“Best BBQ of my Life”

County Barbeque Chicago
Ranked #2,117 of 9,899 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went to county barbecue twice for lunch. The first time I had Texas brisket and mac& cheese. The food was prompt delicious and the portions were large. The second time I visit county barbecue I had to Chicago rib tips and hush puppies. Also I had a few local brews even though the restaurant was closing early for party the the bartender took his time to tell me about the beers and give me samples. The rib tips were the best barbecue I've ever had my life and I was sad to see them go. The hush puppies were filled with pulled pork and cheese and were delicious. I recommend this restaurant to anybody who loves barbecue and is in little Italy district.

1  Thank Chris V

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a great lunch here on Saturday afternoon. After a local's recommendation, we had to try it.

We started with the Bacon/BBQ Parfait-this is a very rich starter. However, it is balanced well with the cheddar grits. It is such a unique appetizer that I recommend everyone try it. It will be about five bites with a great piece of bacon!

If mac & cheese is on the menu, it is very difficult for me to say no. They have an option of topping your m&c with bbq. I kept it plain and it was fantastic.

I had the veal bbq and it was awesome. The slaw is homemade and made a great balance to the meat.

Finally, we had fried pickles and okra. They were enjoyable and the sauce was a nice touch.

We enjoyed our meal and would definitely recommend the restaurant to others.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The food was amazing, the service was excellent...if I lived in Chicago I would eat here frequently.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

County Barbecue is wonderful! From the cute checked decor to the icy cold beer to the great location (decades ago we used to come here for remarkable Italian food) but it is the smoky beef brisket and burnt ends that sold us. Tasting bacon deviled eggs, maple glazed bacon strips and Anson Mills cheddar grits…Wow! Too full for dessert.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

As a BBQ "expert" from the Deep South, I never expected to find great ribs or brisket in the Big City, but County Barbecue does an excellent job of pulling it off! The atmosphere seemed authentic enough: walking through the door I encountered college football on the TVs above the bar, and "Sweet Home Alabama" on the muzak. But it only takes a short discussion with the bartender to see how this is not your usual pig joint. The bartender explained the menu of artisanally-crafted cocktails & had us try the house BBQ sauce, which included flavors of cinnamon and star anise. The owners of this place are the folks behind MK The Restaurant, one of Chicago's best fine dining establishments, and the refinement & attention to detail are evident. My brisket & chili were fantastic! The service was impeccable, yet casual and cheerful. I wish this place was in my own neighborhood; it would be my regular watering hole. Highly recommended!

1  Thank idservices

Been to County Barbeque Chicago? Share your experiences!