“Great old bar, good pulled pork”

Twin Anchors Restaurant &Tavern
Ranked #224 of 9,765 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We came here before setting off to The Second City comedy show, because it was in walking distance. It looks pretty old and has a bar in the front section and dining room in the back. We sat at the bar and ordered beers and pulled pork sandwiches. Really good! We got there around 6pm, and timed it just right because the bar filled up about 10 minutes after our arrival- I think it's a favourite of locals. I would come back here!

1  Thank flagy

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Twin anchors was in my To-do list when I planned my trip to Chicago. I love well-made ribs and thris lived up to my expectations. Soft, tender and moist. The side salad is good and they offer more than just the ribs. I will definitely get back there in my next time in Chicago!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had another great dinner last night at Twin Anchors Restaurant in Old Town Chicago. This restaurant has a long time history in Chicago, and a large following of happy diners! Their ribs are wonderful and the onion rings are the best! This is a favorite restaurant that we always visit on our trips to Chicago.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I've been there many times and have always been impressed. On our recent trip to Chicago we stopped in once again. This place has been there since Prohibition and is a favorite of many Chicagoans. The most impressive thing about Twins is they continue to hold there standards high, never resting on there reputation. Actually I think they have improved the quality of the ribs over the past few years. Consistently great! Great value! If you like baby back ribs, you'll love Twin Anchors!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

It was at the corner where we were staying, so went in because it was convenient but it was much nicer than expected. Very friendly staff, proud of their history. Good food. Good value. If you're nearby this is the place to go. Not sure I'd trek through bad traffic to go here. Long walk to Lincoln Park Zoo but doable if your young kids are in strollers or if your kids are over 12.