“Quick, good food, great coffee and hot chocolate” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Appetito - CLOSED

L'Appetito
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Denver, Colorado, USA
“Quick, good food, great coffee and hot chocolate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

At the base of the Hancock Building, great for when you are on your way out for the day. Try just the standard breakfast; eggs, toast, sausage with a cup of their really good coffee. Eat for 2 for about $19. Darn good deal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bisonburger

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Great pastries, deli, and coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is the real deal. One of the secrets of big city life is fast, affordable, and delicious cafe food. Everything here is good and less expensive than inferior offerings elsewhere. We eat here whenever we can on our visits to Chicago.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Michael H
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden gem below John Hancock Center!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our son-in-law (who is Italian) and daughter got us tuned into this little gem of a deli several years ago; and it's a regular stop on our trips to Chicago. We were there for lunch a couple of days ago. My husband loved one of the "specials of the day" - rigatoni. It was only $6, included a delicious roll. We easily could have split it. . . then fought over the roll! I had their homemade chicken noodle soup (with my own roll)- yummy! I am hooked on all their soups! Of course, you must save room for dessert. Everything we've tried is so delicious. The lemon cookies especially melt in your mouth. Service is fast, efficient and always friendly. We ate lunch for a mere $14, including drinks & dessert - practically unheard of in downtown Chicago!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Mooseandme2
Midland, Texas
“Wonderful little cafe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've been visiting this quick-serve café/deli for years. I absolutely love it. They have anything you can think of from scrambled eggs in the morning to delicious Italian salads and sandwiches in the afternoon to great lattes, pastries, and gelato all day. Every time I'm in Chicago, I probably visit it five times.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mandalin10
Como, Italy
“good for a fast lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm a regular there because my office is in the Hancock, so it's very convenient and I find a lot of products from Italy that are difficult to find elsewhere. Tostini are very good, pizza is just ok and it's not too expensive. My fav thing is the caprese salad, I can't say it's delicious because mozzarella is from canada and it tastes like nothing, but it's decent and relatively inexpensive

• Visited September 2013