“Really Pleasant Experience”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Ontario
Description: Make it a day to remember. From birthdays and anniversaries to professional milestones, we aim to make every gathering special at The Capital Grille. Open seven days a week, The Capital Grille is best known for its expertly prepared steaks, which are dry-aged in house for 18 to 24 days and then hand-cut by our restaurant's on-premise butcher. The Capital Grille's wine list features more than 350 selections, and its floor-to-ceiling wine kiosk regularly houses 3,500 - 5,000 bottles. Reservations are recommended but not required. For more information, please visit our website. See you soon.
Reviewed September 14, 2016

My wife and I recently enjoyed a wonderful dinner on a recent Saturday evening. We were out and about and getting hungry but did not have reservations anywhere. We first tried Michael Jordan’s on Michigan Avenue, but they had a least a 45 minute wait. We knew Capital Grille was very near our hotel. We went in and were seated immediately (it was still relatively early). We both ordered the filet, and shared au gratin potatoes and creamed spinach. Tip – they do offer half orders of the sides which keeps waste to a minimum. The food was tremendous. Yeah, it’s not cheap but you really do get what you pay for! I wish I remembered our waiter’s name – he was a lot of fun and not “stuffy” at all. One minor complaint – Capital Grille no longer serves Key Lime Pie – please bring it back! And a strange observation – we were in a smaller side room with maybe 6-8 tables. It seemed like every picture, light and lampshade was crooked! It didn’t bother us, but just seemed a little odd – maybe overzealous dusters?
Have a meal here – you can’t go wrong!

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed September 7, 2016

I ate alone very comfortably. The waiter Jesse made helpful suggestions in wine and returned to tell me, based on what I ordered, I might want to consider one of the specials. I had the caprese salad, which was two large slices and an assortment of cherry tomatoes, with a swath of balsamic reduction and some basil leaves. Very good and not an overpowering size. That was good since I had a pound of perfectly steamed crab legs with drawn butter, which were divine. Not fishy, not chewy, cooked just right. All better with a glass of the Italian piano Grigio. A lovely evening. Wait staff friendly and attentive, but not cloying.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 25, 2016

Fine dining, fantastic food service and wine. Love this place. Pricy but you get what you pay for, and it is worth every penny!

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed August 25, 2016

One of my favorite restaurants in Chicago, The Capital Grille has it all! Great food, superb service, upscale atmosphere. We have been to quite a few restaurants in the City that are of this scale but The Capital Grille has it's own unique feel. I would describe it as feeling as though I just stepped off my yacht to have a fabulous meal at the Club. It's warm and inviting, yet I felt like I was part of the elite of Chicago. I had a delicious filet, my husband had fish (I can't remember the kind) and we both enjoyed the food immensely.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed August 25, 2016

In Chicago for one evening, the service and attention in the bar area was top notch. Bartenders were will informed and provide excellent recommendations and service.

Date of visit: August 2016

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!