“Outstanding food with service to match!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 9,764 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: Ontario
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located one block east of Michigan Avenue at the corner of Ontario.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

As a note to readers of this review my ratings were based primarily for lunchtime service especially when it comes to price. Also know that I have visited this restaurant for dinner service and have been equally satisfied except that the rating for value would be higher. Now for my review. We visited "The Capital Grille" for lunch this week. The great service begins at the door where you are greeted with a smile. The food is outstanding and one of the best lunch deals in the Mag Mile. The one-page lunch menu has a lot to offer. There's a prix fixe option that offers three main dishes. This week I chose their special which with salad with a 10 ounce sirloin sliced beautifully on top, clam chowder soup and Parmesan truffle fries. It was all terrific. If you're from out of town and therefore you have limited access to this restaurant then I would recommend you try their French onion soup which is a bit pricey but eye-popping good. They offer lobster bisque, however I have not tried it yet. In their crab and lobster burger you will find chunks of lobster. Their fried calamari is delicious! All in all I highly recommend "The Capital Grille" in Chicago. By the way I have visited "The Capital Grille" in Rosemont Illinois and "The Capital Grille" in Fort Lauderdale Florida. The food and the service are consistently outstanding.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

had dinner with business people and the selection was great, and quality very high. Had shrimp cocktail and tenderloin Oscar. Both were well prepared and tasted great.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I made reservations for my husband and I to celebrate our wedding anniversary while we were in Chicago in March. We arrived a little early for our reservation on a Friday evening and were quickly seated at a table that had been specially prepared for us. There was a card signed by the restaurant staff as well as rose petals scattered on the table. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and delicious. Our waiter even treated us to a complimentary dessert. A couple of days later, a staff member called to follow up to be sure that our evening had met all our expectations. We couldn't have been more satisfied with the wonderful service, food, and special touches.

1  Thank AllSmiles4
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I visited The Capital Grill for lunch with my husband. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. They have a 3 choice lunch special for $16 that was quite reasonable for Chicago. Soup or salad, a small portion, main course and a side. exquisite wine selection!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My son and I went to the Capital Grille to celebrate his birthday. We were treated with terrific, professional service and excellent food. Our server was a young lady named Amber. My standard for great service is that you don't know you are having it for a while because it is seamless and completely unobtrusive. Amber delivered service that exceeded "great". She made our celebration evening all that much better.

Food at the Capital Grille was excellent and I will have to go back so that I can try more menu items. Here's a tip. If you enjoy calamari, please order their calamari appetizer. It is prepared with jalapenos and has just the right amount of kick. The calamari is the freshest I've had in some time.

We were at the restaurant on a Tuesday evening and before long, it was packed. So, be sure to make a reservation. It is located near O'Hare airport and is easy to get to.

The highest compliment I can pay a restaurant is that I look forward to going back!

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!