“Good stuff”

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Oak Street
Description: Unbelievable food, efficient & fun service, & the highest quality products available, served in an exciting setting, seems like a simple equation for a great Saturday night out. The difference at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is that this is a nightly occurrence with the same excitement & weekend energy found every day of the week. As thousands before have discovered, it only takes one trip to get you hooked.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

There were only two of us for dinner on a Wednesday night. Our table felt like it was on top of two other tables, but the food was excellent and came in generous portions. I had the prime rib, which was good (though not exceptional), and the double baked potato was HUGE and very, very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,190)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

First of all don't forget to make a reservation prior to you arriving Chicago. We made a reservation for 10 pm, still we had a 30 minute wait. Next we had what I believe is the best waiter who has been with Gibsons for the past 18 years. Karl the peoples Waiter is what he calls himself. Being a firstimer he took time and explained all the cuts of meat to us and the process of aging the beef. Instead of trying to upsell us, he treated us like family (Please ask for Karl), about the food, we ordered the Chicago steak which is an aged ribeye and it is to die for. Client and I shared the steak because it was a 22 oz. cut, we also shared the potatoes, and the carrot cake and we ordered a bottle of wine that paired excellent with the cut of beef. Everyone says it is expensive, I really feel you would spend this in any restaurant. People were walking out with to go boxes, If they would of shared they could of been better off,believe me it is ALOT of food. I am glad that i had an opportunity to dine in one of Chicago's finest restaurants. Kudos to Gibson's wish you'd come to The Woodlands in Houston.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

One of my friends was coming to Chicago to see his Carolina Hockey team play the Stanley Cup defending Chicago Blackhawks and he wanted to go for "lunch" at a Chicago steak house. I picked Gibson's because I knew it wouldn't disappoint. Of course I was right on. From the aged steaks to the 5 pounds of carrot cake for desert, he was continuously saying "oh wow!" Service was wonderful as always. He is a craft beer drinker and my wife and I prefer wines. Both were great.

I knew I could count on Gibson's and will continue to do so. If you're in from out of town, it's a can't miss.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We found this place by chance on a Saturday lunch. On entering, the service was fantastic. The interior is lovely and there is a really great feel to the place.

Our group ate burgers, meatloaf and marinated chicken breast. All the meals were delicious with good sized portions. The burgers were utterly delicious. I particularly liked the crispy chili peppers. The pickle was huge, crisp and delicious, and I had so many shoestring fries, I was eating them for a very long time.

I loved the old fashioned feel to this place and the high level of service. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

OK, it's expensive. Don't come here to save money. But it is hands-down the best meat I have ever eaten. And I've been around the block a few times, at 53 years old. Table of 5, we all ordered different cuts : T-Bone, Sirloin, Filet Mignon, even chicken. It was out of this world.