“Largest lobster tail I've ever seen”

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 9,520 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Oak Street
Description: Unbelievable food, efficient & fun service, & the highest quality products available, served in an exciting setting, seems like a simple equation for a great Saturday night out. The difference at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is that this is a nightly occurrence with the same excitement & weekend energy found every day of the week. As thousands before have discovered, it only takes one trip to get you hooked.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Largest lobster tail I've ever seen”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

On a recent visit to Chicago, our friends recommended Gibson's Steakhouse. We had reservations but still waited 30 minutes for our table to open. Must say the wait was worth it. Hubby is the steak connoisseur. He highly recommends the sirloin. The presentation before selections bowled me over. Never have I seen such large lobster tails. Salmon for me was super delish. Our friends ordered steak and chicken and had enough leftover for several extra meals. SIde portions were large enough to share. Dessert was also shared and superb. Wait staff were extremely friendly and knowledgable. Great atmosphere though a bit crowded with close tables.

• Visited September 2013

• Serbian first
  • Turkish first
“Over rated”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

You can only get the steaks seared, so that there's charbroil on the exterior. I'm not fond of the taste of charcoal on my steak. The sides were all very good. The dessert was a let down. It seem that the deserts were all about the presentation. They looked oversized and delicious when I saw them served to the other tables, but I didn't find them fulfilling. I was there with a business group, so there was a lot on the table to sample. Frankly, all around, I've had better. This was not the end all steak place. Last note - the service was fantastic.

• Visited October 2013
Milford, Ohio
“Nice Treat!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been to Chicago many times but never visited Gibsons. Finally had an "excuse" to go when it was one of our friends 50th birthday. We got a great seat right by the window and thought the atmosphere was very nice. Good presentation of the steaks offered by the waiter. We settled on the house 22 oz ribeye...and while I thought it was a bit pricey at $55 it was VERY good. Decent sides and appetizer selections as well. The highlight was when we ordered birthday cake for our friend....the thing was HUGE and could have served 7 people! Anyway Gibsons gets a "thumbs up" for a great local Chicago steakhouse with less of a "Corporate" feel than say a Mortons.

• Visited October 2013
Stuart, Florida
“Jill B”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had lunch late in the afternoon just as the menu was changing. The waitress was very accomadating and offered us a choice of either the lunch or dinner menu. The food was very fresh and very good. One of our best meals in Chicago!

Visited October 2013
Mexico City
“Great steaks”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very good food, big portions. Meat is quiet expensive. Service is very good. Book ahead as the place is allways really crowded. Desserts are very big.

Visited October 2013

Been to Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse? Share your experiences!