“Great Steak”

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 10,080 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Oak Street
Description: Unbelievable food, efficient & fun service, & the highest quality products available, served in an exciting setting, seems like a simple equation for a great Saturday night out. The difference at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is that this is a nightly occurrence with the same excitement & weekend energy found every day of the week. As thousands before have discovered, it only takes one trip to get you hooked.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was my second visit to Gibsons, I was here about 10 years earlier while visiting Chicago for a convention and didnt get a chance to sit down and eat a meal (we had a reception upstairs on the roof). Now I was back in Chicago with my new bride and we took a shot at Gibsons. We were very pleased with the atmosher and service. I had the cajun ribeye and my wife had a filet and man these were great selections. Both steaks were perpared perfectly and the service was great. After diner, we took some nice pictures on the staircase and in the famous 'The League Bar'.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,250)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

First visit after many recommendations - meat was simply awesome [I had a Porterhouse] and the venue was lively, but with attentive service.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We got to this place quite late after a Chicago Bulls game, so we were lucky they will still serving food. It had a great atmosphere and was very busy but we managed to get a table in the bar. We ordered the ribs and a burger to share...nothing to rave about (the ribs were very dry and not at all succulent as you expect ribs to be) and it was very expensive given the average quality of the food. Perhaps go for a drink and give the food a miss!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The staff was accommodating and knowledgeable. The food was excellent. Im so glad we tried this restaurant. Both of our entrees were excellent. The Tomato & Goat Cheese with Pan Seared Mushrooms & Walnut Vinaigrette appetizer was so delicious. The restaurant was busy but not hectic. This is definitely one of my faves in Chicago!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

A consistently excellent restaurant. The wait staff are very well trained and are a big part of the whole Gibson experience. The menu has something for everyone! You won't be disappointed. I should add that it is a bit pricey.