“top”
Review of Charlie Trotter's - CLOSED

Charlie Trotter's
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Cross street: Halsted
Transit: Located two blocks east of the CTA Brown Line Armitage Avenue stop.
Marbella, Spain
“top”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Amazing food, indulgent desserts and cheeses, and the wine list is out of this world! Highly highly highly recommend. Very pricey but worth every penny. The service, impecable!

• Visited September 2012

vancouver
“Amazing and still a reference experience”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

An amazing fine dining experience is the exact and specific repeated mastery of many details.
Being able to do this over and over again without fail.
Its been many years since my wife and I had dinner at Charlies. Though I cannot confess to knowing anything about their execution and qc reviews presently I wanted to reference our meal years ago because it was amazing in so many ways so much so that I still remember the experience and hold it as a reference point for other fine dining exerience to this day.
Charlies was this for us. We could not fault nor fine one detail amiss or off. The dishes, presentation, timing, decor, ambience and our waiters attention to detail and gracefull followup was something I have seldom experience since that evening.
Im so glad to see that many fellow diners echoe similar sentiments as mine as they must have experienced what we did the nt we dined...something extra ordinairy, unique , rare and memorable.
Its too bad he is closing after 25 yrs , I can identify with that. For all that he has achieved and all those benchmark memories he created for those who came and tried, thank you Charlie!
I learned alot about crafting and executing fine food from our visi, best wishes!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank hc437
toronto
“Dated and Stuffy”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Not even the fact that our meal cost 700.00. I felt like i was eating in a Retirement home and served by a senior. Best Part of the resstaurant was getting a peek inside the kitchen.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect 30th Birthday!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am thrilled I had the opportunity to go here for my 30th birthday before it closed! A once-in-a-lifetime experience at a place that was really ahead of its time.

New York City, New York
“Why All The Hype”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I just don't understand all the hype surrounding this man's food or his arrogant staff. Quite frankly it is time for this place to close....trust me you haven't missed a thing!!

Visited August 2012