Hyatt Place Chicago-South/University Medical Center
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
$179
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$299
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$351
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$375
$340
Cancelon
  • Room Service
All reviewsfree shuttlethe hyde park areashuttle servicemed centermuseum of science and industryvalet parkingfree breakfast isrestaurants and shopswhole foodssitting areathe hotel offerssofa bedrooms are largeexcellent hotelwithin walking distancecomfortable staygreat place to stay
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed here over the U of Chicago's reunion weekend and loved it. It is the perfect product for Hyde Park and the University: clean, efficient, spacious, safe and with great service. The bed was very comfortable, the layout of the room with a sitting area was great, the bathroom was a really good size and the breakfasts were delicious - not tons of food, but what there was, was delicious. And they provided a variety of food each day. One suggestion would be a clothes line across the bathtub, but that would be it. I will definitely stay here every time I am in Chicago.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I recently stayed here while attending my daughter's graduation from the University of Chicago and found it to be quite nice. The room was large with a very comfortable bed as well as a sitting area. There was a very nice shower, although I was disappointed not to find a tub (my treat when travelling). The complimentary breakfast has lots of choices ranging from eggs/sausage/heavy breakfast to fruit/yogurt/cereal/light breakfast. The staff was incredibly helpful and nice. There is an indoor pool which is a nice extra. This hotel is a great addition to Hyde Park where previous options were quite limited/sketchy.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank soozeeq
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here for one night visiting family in Hyde Park. The hotel is quite new and they seem to still be ironing the kinks out. Valet service was spotty. However, the bed was fabulous, the room was large and comfortable, and we were given a quiet corner room. The complimentary breakfast included yogurt and granola as well as fresh fruit. It was mighty expensive for a hotel on the somewhat gritty side of Hyde Park, though.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sk8lady
Reviewed June 13, 2014

...but no way to know as we were bumped. I made a reservation on September 15th for a June 13th arrival. Made the reservation through the Hyatt website, not a third party. Arrived at the hotel in the early afternoon and told that they had oversold and we could not have a room. We were "transferred" to another Hyatt several miles away.

To their credit they comped the room at the other Hyatt. But this has totally ruined our visit for our daughter's graduation from the University of Chicago and has led to enormous hassle in helping her move out of her dorm.

How they could oversell a hotel on what has to be one of the busiest days of the year is totally beyond me. I don't know what else I could have done. I made a reservation 9 months in advance. I used the hotel website. Don't think I had a discount rate. Was not a late arrival. I am a Gold Passport member but not elite. Guess that would have helped.

So this is probably a nice place and is conveniently located to UChicago and Hyde Park. But overselling the hotel on a day they are certain to have everyone show up (graduation) is inexcusable. One star.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Caminotraveler
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place. It is a welcome addition to Hyde Park for those visiting the University of Chicago! The hotel was very comfortable and is convenient to many shops and restaurants. It's also easy to walk to the lakefront, where there are running and biking trails. There is free wifi, and the free breakfast buffet is quite good. Valet parking is pretty pricey, but we were always able to find street parking a few blocks away. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family