“Yummy sandwiches on fresh baked flatbread ”
Review of Cosi

Cosi
Order Online
Ranked #836 of 11,046 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Visited about a year ago with my kids. When my son found out we'd be visiting Chicago he insisted we visit. Glad we did.

The freshly baked flatbread is excellent. Had a late start to the day so the breakfast sandwiches were no longer available (only til 11am) so we had a couple of Pesto Chicken and a Buffalo Chicken. The latter was very good but the pesto one was excellent.

Good coffee and excellent service. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed August 5, 2017

Great coffee, comfortable and clean cafe to relax briefly while exploring the sights of Chicago and Michigan Avenue. All amenities very clean.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

We visited Cosi during a recent Chicago trip. Hubbie selected the restaurant based on the proximity to the attraction we were visiting. I had the Margherita Pizza along with the Tomato Basil Soup - I could LIVE on this! It was a very delicious and comforting meal on a very cold day

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

Hard to choose which items to order. The Adobo Lime Chicken salad and the pepperoni flatbread pizza proved greater than expected! Definitely a place to stop when on the move sightseeing.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed December 18, 2016

I decided to venture forth into the icy weather in Chicago and was heading for North State Street when I came across Cosi. I saw the building and the welcoming light so I decided that a food stop was in order. On entering, there is a separation of two counters. As far as I could make out one side was for Pizzas and hot sandwiches and the other for coffees and other hot drinks as well as the usual muffins and chocolate chip cookies (really big ones). I opted for a flatbread filled with cheese, salad and ham. You place your order, get a ticket and find a table. The waitress brought it to the table.It was tasty, maybe because I was cold and hungry or maybe because it was just really tasty. There was a strong smell of cooking oil and even though I'm diabetic and 'turned on' by the smell I did eventually find it overpowering. However it was cold outside and who cares about a cooking smell anyway. I ordered a tea (English breakfast I think). They do have a few different herbal varieties but I like my tea plain and black. They used a tea bag which they left in the cup allowing you to let it brew to your own taste. My second cup - yes I queued again - was a large one and they gave two teabags. They do have wi-fi but I didn't use it.
If I had to complain about anything it was my choice of seat by the door. It closed slowly and allowed large tranches of cold air in. But that just made me appreciate the warmth a little more. Teh atmosphere was generally relaxing and nobody was pushing to get me out. I sat there lazily for more than an hour. On my way out I visited the bathroom _ noth sure why they call it a bathroom, it didn't have a bath- not even a shower. However the facilities were clean and well maintained. Hot running water, soap and choice of (noisy) air dryer or towels.

Date of visit: November 2016