“Cleared the plate”

Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
“Cleared the plate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Amazing food. I Loved the ginger salad dressing. Green tea was good. Sushi was tasty. All around great food

Chicago, Illinois
“Check your bill carefully please”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is a causal neighborhood sushi restaurant, recently under new management. The food is Korean-style sushi. The food is passable, but there are many sushi bars in the neighborhood and I don’t think this place is distinguished in any way. There are more authentic Japanese style sushi places nearby. I was quite unhappy with the fact that the waitress made clear errors in the bill - it indicates 18% gratuity, but she actually charged 20%. And then tax was levied on the food as well as the gratuity, which shouldn’t be the case. The bill was hand-written, so I guess the sum total can be divided in any way the restaurant chooses. When I pointed out the errors, the waitress became angry and refused to check over the errors. I ended up paying what she wanted to charged, knowing that it was wrong, just to get out of there.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank goodgenes5
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is the best hole in...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2008

This is the best hole in the wall sushi place in Chicago. Would live there if I could. Pete your the best

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A nice little place that's easy to miss if you don't know it's there. Service was prompt and attentive. While they do...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

A nice little place that's easy to miss if you don't know it's there. Service was prompt and attentive. While they do offer more than just sushi, those options are limited. The food itself was delicious; I recommend their teriyaki boxes if you want much more than just sushi for a reasonable price.

Scoring big points with me was our server's willingness to accomodate my simple request. I asked for iced tea not knowing they only serve a sweetened version. When asked if they had any unsweetened, the server said "no" but that they could easily make it. I assume they simply add sugar before serving, but he didn't have to offer to do that.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook