“Be adventurous? Be rewarded!”
Review of Dos riccos - CLOSED

Dos riccos
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Just got off a SouthWest flight at Midway ... South side Chicago, and headed for the pizza recommended at Giordano's. One block beyond on S. Cicero Ave. I just found a hole in the wall Mexican Asian place called Dos Riccos.
I had great appetizing choices looking at the other dinners. The Tiger shrimp in Orange sauce over rice was plump, fresh, and cooked just right. Ricco's only buys fresh shrimp, not frozen, so you will taste the difference.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

I ate at Dos Riccos while I was staying at a nearby Midway airport hotel. I won't lie, this place looks a little sketchy from the outside. Be brave and go inside, you will not regret it. This place successfully blends the best Asian and Mexican cuisine has to offer. My colleague had the Korean tacos while I had the chicken pad Thai. Both dishes were outstanding. The employees are friendly and seem to have a passion for cooking. Your food comes out fast. You will leave stuffed. The prices are very reasonable. Dos Riccos is definitely the best kept secret in the midway area.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I loved the Mexican-Asian fusion food so much I had to return for more. The owner Ricco was very entertaining as well. Prices were very reasonable and within easy walking distance to the Midway Marriott.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I purchased a restaurant.com certificate based on reviews and we were not disappointed. It was literally within a 2 block walk of the Chicago Midway Marriott so that was nice. The neighborhood and restaurant itself looked rather sketchy but we tried it out and the food was great! It's a tiny place inside (maybe seating for 10-12) but had additional seating outside with beautiful flowers and potted herbs. The staff was very friendly, answered questions about the menu, then got right to work on your order. My husband was worried about the Mexican/Asian fusion idea but they seemed to do a great job with both! Patrons inside were having Asian dishes that looked and smelled great and we choose Mexican dishes that were fabulous! Steak nachos & steak tacos for my husband and a chicken burrito for me. Everything was great, their guacamole was wonderful, and we would eat there again for sure!

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We need more places like this on the south side: great tasting food, clean space, and at a reasonable price. Korean BBQ torta is bomb, as are the tacos: jalapeño pad Thai could use some work though. TIP: the place is pretty cramped (and no AC). You're better off doing carry-out or sitting outside.