“Love the Book of Mormon!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Book of Mormon
Ranked #37 of 179 Concerts & Shows in Chicago
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Love the Book of Mormon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hilarious play. One must be open minded to attend. Actors were funny, especially Ben Platt. Bank of America theatre needs wider isles and easier access out of the theatre to use the restrooms, go to the bar, etc.

Chicago, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was excited to see Book of Mormon as all of the reviews and recommendations from friends were great. I thought it was good but not as good as the reviews made it out to be. The music wasn't anything special and the humor pretty predictable. All in all, I am glad I saw it but I won't rush out to see it again.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Mormon's Book In Living Color”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Fabulous and faithful retelling of The Book Of Mormon story. That said, it's not for everyone. Very adult, very irreverent and outrageously funny!

Barrington, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“hasa diga eebowai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just have to say i was very reserved, even being a lover of south park i wasn't sure this would keep my attention or be very entertaining. The story line was really good. The jokes just kept flying along with the many swears. The songs are very addicting. The casting was fantastic along with their performance. The sets were really good as well. The show leaves today and i got to see it last night which was so fantastic. I'm ok with swearing so i was ok with all of the jokes but some things even took me back but it was all amazing. It was the south park again poking fun at another religion and they usually like to do mormon and this time brought it across the world via a fun musical. The musical does have some good messages here and there that aren't hidden. I went with a big group and many were really thrilled with the show although some were surprised with the amount of swears but it was ok by us so we just enjoyed the fantastic ride. Sad i waited so long to see it since it is leaving today, i want to at least see it once more.

Visited October 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“SOOO Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I really enjoyed this performance. You gotta be liberal minded to see it, which I am. I thought it was clever and funny and really well done. The actors were all excellent, it was non-stop action, a feast for the the eyes. I laughed and laughed and am still laughing. I could go again!