“Amazing food. Big portions!”

La Parrilla Columbian Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
La Parrilla Columbian Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,832 of 10,215 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are close to the corner of Narragansett and Irving Park Road which makes it easily accessible by bus.
Reviewed July 20, 2015

I was staying downtown but I have some friends that live in this area whom I haven't seem in quite awhile. I connected with them prior to heading out to Chicago and they recommended this place. I took the Blue Line out of the city and they picked me up at the Harlem stop and it was about 8-10 minutes away. I'm so glad they choose this place. The ambiance, staff, food, portions and drinks were all amazing. And all at a aresonable price. My meal (see picture) was only $17.99 and could fill the biggest of appetites. We had appetizers as well which were amazing. I'm glad my friends lived in the area since we had a decent amount of leftovers. I want to go back!!!!!

Reviewed February 9, 2015

I live near this restaurant and always noticed that it's small but packed. Now i know why. I bought a groupon for this place to try it out. I was not disappointed at all. Authentic columbian food and it was delicious!! The mojito was perfect and so was the steak i ordered. I can't wait to go back! The cost is reasonable too. I would go back without a groupon!

1  Thank vnichols2
Reviewed September 15, 2014

Hi all! I have been there probably about 10 times already. Always I enjoyed the food there. It doesn't matter if you but something for $6 or $16, it always taste great. I have never been in Colombia, so what I really like about this restaurant, is their TV above bar, which shows nicely done movies about Colombia. When I see these tourist attractions of Colombia and when I eat Colombian food, I feel for a moment like I am in Colombia. The service is always excellent and the prices are wallet friendly. If you go there you don't have to be worry that you will overpay for something. Basically, you pay for what you receive and that's how supposed to be everywhere. Also, one of the things that I like in menu is the sandwich made not from bread but from fried platano. Unbelievable! I have never seen anything like this. If you never been there just go and enjoy yourself :-)

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was just looking for some good ethnic food and found this restaurant with great empanadas, great prices. Good steak sandwich too.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This place is located on Irving Park Road, next to the Dunning Post office and opposite the local Jewel store. Although not that busy on a Saturday afternoon, the friendly service was a little slow at first especially for our drinks order but it sped up when a second wait-person appeared. We ordered off the dinner menu and, while we were in no hurry, it did appear that the lunch specials were prepared faster. The empanada was quite tasty although pretty small and definitely meant for just one person. My daughter had the recalentado, which was beans and rice with a fried egg on top. My wife had arroz con pollo which came with fried plantains. Their choices were tasty. I had the chuleta de cerdo, which was similar to a very thin breaded pork tenderloin, and came with 3 starches - rice, fried potatoes and fried plantains - even with a spritz of the lime wedges, it was a little stodgy. All the portions were large. I thought the flan dessert was very good while my wife's figs with manjar blanco (aka dulce de leche) was very sweet. My daughter’s guava paste with cheese was an acquired taste. All-in-all this is a good addition to the neighborhood and we would go back.