“Great Place For Couples”

The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
Ranked #44 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here for our getaway and our stay was beyond great! The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. I surprised my girlfriend by booking a bedroom suite and she was beyond impressed. The hotel was located in a perfect location where we could travel to all Chicago's top attractions. Will come back and will recommend it to any young couple wanting a nice Chicago getaway!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Tchris207
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hi Tchris207,
Thank you very much for your review. I am honored that you choose The Godfrey Hotel to surprise your girlfriend. Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel was amazing. New and shiny and clean and so friendly!
The room (2 double beds) was so spacious. Plenty of room to walk around, with suitcases on the floor. The bathroom was even more amazing. Double vanity, an actual shower (without the tub).
The location was good too. While not in the actual heart of the CBD, it was still very conveniently located. You were near supermarkets/fast food chains/Giodarnos/and the important end of the Magnificent Mile.
The rooftop bar was a classy venue. You The views aren't that great, however.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank livedie

Hello livedie,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you appreciated our modern design and amenities. I hope you enjoyed enjoyed exploring Chicago from our location in the trendy River North neighborhood. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed in an Executive King room at the Godfrey hotel and had mixed feelings regarding the experience. The room was very spacious, modern, had an excellent bathroom with quality L'Occitane en Provence products and housed a very comfortable bed. However the layout of the room was very strange, with it appearing to have been crowbarred into the corner of the building allowing only a small amount of natural light to enter the space.

The bar/restaurant was a clean and open space - we ate there for lunch one day and whilst the food was good quality, the service was slow and left a lot to be desired. The staff generally seemed to be very helpful and pleasant mind.

In addition, the gym was good quality, albeit small but the four cardio machines and selection of free weights allowed for a good workout.

With the hotel being a 5 minute walk from Michigan Avenue, the hotel is well situated and there are a good hotel of restaurants around to enjoy the stay. Would consider returning.

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms - ask for rooms with lots of natural light
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luke W

Hi Luke W,
Thank you for writing a review. Thank you for your feedback on the "few niggles" that you found while stay at The Godfrey Hotel. I truly appreciate hearing feedback from guests and will see how these can be improved. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

More of a nightclub than a hotel. Lying in my room at 11:30pm and the walls are SHAKING from the bass blasting out of their rooftop bar. They failed to mention that this isn't the kind of hotel you can actually sleep in until 1:30am. Avoid this farce.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank Gab T
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hello Gab,

Thank you for writing a review. I understand that a restful night is important to all traveler. We take all feedback into careful consideration and would welcome another conversation with you. We certainly would like you to stay with us in the future. If you would like to discuss your visit with me further, you can reach me directly at 312-374-1822.

Thank you again for staying with us.

despite of paying more than 500 dollars per night, i was given a terrible room
the air conditioning olny cooled one part of the room, the view was facing a wall and the door to the stairs was opened every 5 minutes making lots of noise.
the girls at the front desk were not very friendly and neither was a man who brought me an extra bad robe to the room

Room Tip: ask to have a high floor and a good view

Hello hilda s,

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us. We understand the AC was louder than normal and looked into the situation with the motor. We have since fixed the issue and we appreciate your detailed feedback.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me, I can be reached directly at 312-649-2000.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was welcomed by the valet, front desk staff, and everyone else I encountered on my numerous stays at the hotel.

This past weekend was my most recent stay and the valet saw my cooler was dripping and grabbed a bag to put around it. The front desk greeted me cheerfully.
The room was excellent and the roofscape was awesome. The roofscape staff were happy to serve us. And the food by Chef Riley was delicious!
Twice I asked the front desk for toiletries and they delivered them promptly to my room right after my phone call.
Wonderful place to stay in Chicago. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Hi Brook G,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay at The Godfrey, and had a chance to experience I|O Urban Roofscape. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I read tripadvisor for nearly every hotel stay that I book, but have not written a review until now. Thanks Godfrey...

I decided to turn a quick business meeting in Chicago into a long weekend, since I rarely make it to the city in the summer. The main reasons I booked Godfrey were the large, new rooms, convenient location and rooftop bar / restaurant. For me, Godfrey was the perfect combination of a high end hotel conducive to a productive work trip, but with the added perk of having what is probably the best bar / rooftop in the city located conveniently in the same building (and if you stay at the hotel, you don't wait in the line). Views were amazing and so were the drinks. It is nice being able to do what I need to do, then go downstairs and be surrounded by that kind of energy. That being the case, if you don't want anything to do with the nightlife aspect, it is pretty unobtrusive.

For me it was the perfect combo for a hotel. Awesome room (and amazing bed) with great energy downstairs. I was on a higher floor, so the music didn't bother me at all, but if it is a concern I'm sure the hotel will try to accommodate you.

1  Thank Bryan D

Hi Bryan D,

Thank you so much for making The Godfrey Hotel your first review. What an honor. I am glad you enjoyed the work/life atmosphere, we try to bring balance by offering modern amenities such as free wifi throughout the entire hotel. I am happy to hear that you were able to experience the I|O Urban Roofscape. Thank you again for your review.