“Great stay!”

The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
Ranked #51 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Friendly helpful staff with great suggestions for tours and restaurants. Modern clean hotel, a very good stay. The rooms are a bit noisy at night only complaint. Great location walking distance to many terrific restaurants, attractions, and shopping. Sunny side up is a must for breakfast!

Room Tip: Away from the fourth floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hi Loriutset,

Thank you very much for your review. I will pass along the positive feedback to my team members. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location in the trendy River North neighborhood of Chicago. Thank you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,880)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I visited this hotel in the past month and it is a very nice hotel with a wonderful rooftop lounge called IO. Be sure to visit Alicia on the rooftop she is a great bartender! No matter how busy IO got, she was able to make our drinks quickly. I will visit this hotel again, they did a great job renovating the hotel to become a chic and fancy place to visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Hello Monica R,

Thank you for your review. I will be glad to pass along the positive feedback to Alicia. Thank you for noticing our brand new modern design and amenities. Thank you again for your review, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Upbeat and modern! Good service! Great view of the city! Located for easy access to visit downtown Chicago! We stayed at The Godfrey to attend and celebrate our daughters wedding. Our comfortable accommodations at The Godfrey contributed to a perfect experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Hello e m,

Thank you for writing a review, and congratulations to your daughter on her wedding. I am glad you enjoyed our modern design and our location in Chicago's trendy River North neighborhood. I am thrilled that The Godfrey helped create a perfect experience on a special weekend. Thank you again hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Weekend of 6/13/2014 to 6/15/2014

I travel to Chicago often and try different hotels all the time. The Godfrey has surpassed all my expectations. The staff at the hotel were kind, courteous, proper, and well informed. They were quick on their feet at all times.

Both Cruz and Jose were helpful in explaining the 4th floor rooftop and encouraged us to head there to have a good time. We followed their advice and we were so glad that we did! The rooftop was beautiful. The lounge area where you can eat and drink overlooking the city while enjoying the weather was just gorgeous. We visited the roof around midnight once again and it was like a night life dream. Beautiful people everywhere! We loved it!

The Rooms were incredibly specious. The beds were luscious. The pillows were luxurious. The outlets were abundant. The lighting was wonderful and the amount of mirrors in the room were spectacular. 4 high maintenance women in 1 room - NO PROBLEM AT THE GODFREY.

On Saturday, we had called and asked for two additional k-cups for the Kureig because there were four of us and only two were put by the machine, however we did not explain the reason for asking for two additional k-cups. The next day after our room was cleaned by housekeeping, they put in 4 additional k-cups rather than the usual two. Thank you to housekeeping for remembering our request and accommodating us without us even having to call again - the little things matter the most! Room 802 appreciated you! I hope your managers see this review!

We wish the hotel had a rooftop pool but overall, we highly suggest this hotel to anyone! I have not a single complaint!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Aapatros,

Thank you for writing a review. First, what an honor it is to be your new favorite Chicago Hotel. I will be more than happy to pass on the positive reviews to all the team members mentioned. I am glad The Godfrey Hotel and I|O urban Roofscape surpassed your expectations. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We booked several months prior to a U of C reunion not knowing anything about the hotel. We had two rooms as we were with another couple. As the date got closer, I checked the reviews of the hotel and saw about the noise from the bar and the view. I e-mailed the hotel and asked to be put above the 10th floor and facing south. The rooms we received were adjacent to each other on the 16th floor, had a spectacular view and were marvelously furnished in sleek modern style. The only problem we had was that the glass door to the shower did not stop the water from getting onto the floor of the bathroom. Our friends had the same problem. This hotel seems to be the "in" place for the young affluent bar crowd. There is a line waiting outside the hotel every night to get into the lounge on the 4th floor. We perused the area during the day and it is lovely. We sat on the outside deck and had a glass of wine one afternoon. We also got off the elevator and walked around at about 11 PM. What a scene. Being in our mid-seventies, it was not our style but obvioulsy a hit with the young professionals who were all dressed up and ready to party. The location was excellent and allowed us access to Michigan Avenue shopping as well as public transportation several blocks away. We all would stay there again without hesitation. Spotlessly clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 10th floor and facing south.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brown61
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Brown61,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We're happy to hear you had a great time in Chicago and you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We certainly hope to welcome you back again soon.

Thanks Brown61.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

we had a great experience during our 2nd stay at The Godfrey. This time we had a great corner room on the 7th floor. Our bathroom had skyline views and our west wall was all windows. It was great in the evening as the sun was setting. The location was great and we spent the night walking around River North and the Mag Mile. This hotel is definitely a designers sort of place. The building, rooms and experience are very sleek and comfortable. We'll definitely be staying here often.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hello Pete S,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us a second time while you were in Chicago. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your view, as well as our modern design and amenities. Thank you again for your review. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Booked this hotel approximately 4 months in advance for a conference I was attending in Chicago at the peak season, paid $409 + 16% tax per night and stayed for 5 nights. Upon arrival I was put into a disability room as apparently that was all they had left because the hotel was full. Apparently this hotel is one of the newest in Chicago, however i think they failed to finish it before the conference began, as the furnishings looked unfinished. There was no mini bar or fridge in the room, the shower only had a curtain across it which fell down when I was in the shower! and had a handheld shower head which thrashed around like a snakes head when turned on - needless to say with only a flimsy shower curtain the bathroom got flooded every time I had a shower, which then flooded the room!! I was on the 7th floor but could hear every noise from the street and the view was of a car park. When I complained to reception they said they were full and could maybe move me on the Monday - I was due to checkout on the Tuesday so why bother!! I asked them to put a note on my reservation if another room became available prior, no one ever got back to me.
The reception staff were not overly friendly and when I asked to get my bags out of storage as I was waiting for a taxi to take me to the airport it took them almost 15 mins to actually go get them, and only after being told 3 times!
In brief I would not stay here again, not worth the price and needs lots of improvements.

Room Tip: Room on 7th floor on left side could hear every noise from street. Friday and Saturday nights there...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Kylie72,

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us. We are happy to hear you selected our hotel while you were traveling in town for a conference. We do want to let you know that our rooms do have wet bars in them - in addition, we do offer mini-fridges upon request.

If you would like to discus your stay in more detail with me, I welcome a call from you. Also, if you wish to stay with us again, I want to make sure you're comfortable and pleasantly surprised. Please contact me directly at 312-374-1822.

Thanks again.