“Amazing”

The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
Ranked #41 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I enjoyed my two day stay. It was my boyfriends birthday and the Godfrey ambiance and amazing staff made our days that much better. Can't wait for my next stay.The rooms are spacious, clean and comfy. The 4th floor lounge is amazing with excellent service.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank mzdimples17
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Hi mzdimples17,

Thank you for your review after your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay during your boyfriend's birthday, and that you enjoyed your time on the I|O Urban Roofscape on the fourth floor. Thank you again for your review. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Korean first
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The hotel was fantastic - it's brand new so there were some issues to be worked out. The rooms were very nicely done and beds very comfortable. We went with 2 other couples, and one of their rooms had a malfunctioning toilet. Over the 3 days there I don't believe it ever worked. After multiple attempts to fix it, maintenance asked when they were leaving and said oh we'll have to look at it later. Why didn't they move them to a new room? Unacceptable at a hotel of this price and status.

My biggest complaint is I paid the valet rate to have our vehicle parked. I just received a collections notice for a parking ticket I received while it was valet parked! This is very disturbing to me, is all valet done through public parking? Why did they remove the ticket and throw it away? Is that even legal to do? An e-mail has gone answered, I will be calling in a few days to see how it's handled prior to looking into my legal options.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GeoCantrell
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Hello GeoCantrell,

Thank you for your review. We have since resolved the issues regarding the valet parking and this has been taken care of by American Parking Service. Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed 4 nights to visit Chicago for our first time. The hotel is beautiful, room comfortable (even if quite noisy) and the location is great. What displeased us the most was the attitude of the staff. At check out they charged us 40 extra dollars for alcoholic beverages from the Minibar which we never touched. They did not apologize and seemed fed up because they had to redo the bill. I would call the staff "rude." I understand it is a new hotel, but for the money you pay you expect a different kind of service.

1 Thank GiacomoTa
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear GiacomoTa,

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us. We are happy to hear you found our beds comfortable and liked the look of our hotel. Thank you! In terms of our team's customer service, we take great pride in making sure each guest has a pleasant experience with us. We will discuss this with the team as this is of the utmost importance.

Thank you again. Have a great day and I hope you'll stay with us again in the future.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a Wednesday night for business scheduled in Chicago on Thursday. Lets start with the positive...the bed. The bar. The shower. The bad news...that lovely outdoor bar plays very loud music...all night...until 2 am on weekdays. (See previous reviews). It shakes the walls and I could actually hear the song lyrics...and we're talking top 40...lady gaga like grooves! I would recommend insisting on a high level floor if at all possible. The bar is on the 4th floor. I would probably stay again but I'd request to be as far away from that bar as possible. If you want to go to a bar though its very nice! This is a party hotel...but a nice one...with the most comfy beds in all of the land!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mollie B
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Hello Mollie,

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us while you were in town on business. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our comfortable beds - it is one of my favorite features as well. Our hotel is great for business trips and not just leisure stays - we hope you'll give us a try again and possibly request a different room. We would love to have you again. If you would like to discuss your visit with me in more detail, you're welcome to reach out at 312-374-1822.

Thank you again Mollie.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We were extremely pleased with the Godfrey Hotel. My wife and I stayed one night for a meeting downtown. The room was very clean, tidy and ultra modern. We loved it. We were lucky in getting a great rate. This was our first time staying at the Godfrey and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello Ken C,

Thank you for writing a review, we enjoy hearing feedback from our guests. I am thrilled to hear that you loved your first stay at The Godfrey. I am happy you and your wife enjoyed our modern design and amenities. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon. Have a nice day.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our stay in Chicago was fantastic. The Godfrey welcomed us with an quick (and early) check-in, and never let us down. Our room was modern, trendy and comfortable, with an excellent shower and bathroom.
The hotel is clean, friendly and chic. The nightclub was packed on the weekend, although we were escorted in with proof of room key. Great vibe with the retractable roof. The gym is small, but was never packed and offered all that we needed.
I can't say enough about the location.....just a few block from Michigan Avenue, so you don't step into crazy traffic, but only have to walk a few steps to get everywhere you need.
We would without a doubt come back to the this Hotel. It's only been open a few months, but you would never know it with how smooth everything ran, from the doorman eager to help arrange your ride, to the desk manager and everyone else.

Thank you Godfrey Hotel!

Hello OrthoBrad,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that your stay in Chicago and at The Godfrey was "fantastic" and that you enjoyed the modern design and amenities we offer, including the I|O Urban Roofscape. I will pass on your positive feedback to our hotel staff, and hope we see you again. Thank you again. Have a nice day.
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed four nights for an anniversary trip, and we very pleased. We were upgraded to a suite with great views of downtown and plenty of space. The suite was well designed. One of the biggest selling points of The Godfrey is its location. It really can't be beat. We've stayed numerous times in downtown Chicago, and this was, by far, a much better location.

Hello Sarah C,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Godfrey to celebrate your anniversary and enjoyed our location in River North. Thank you again for your review. Have a nice day.