“Great Time!”

Phenix Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Sailboat charters in Chicago on Lake Michigan for up to 6 people.
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Time!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had a great time on Phenix Sailing's boat! Good time, good friends, great tour and views! I recommend Phenix Sailing for tours with friends or family.

Visited September 2013

“Unexpected experience of a lifetime!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

As visitors of Chicago only a couple of times a year I'd have to say sailing on Lake Michigan was pretty much off our radar. What a pleasant surprise it turned out to be to run into the captain and crew of the Phenix! We have many times walked along the lake and saw the beautiful boats docked in harbors but never did we think we would get this opportunity. We enjoyed a nice relaxing afternoon on the boat with absolutely no worries as the captain took excellent care of us. The view was amazing too! I highly recommend this venture for any out of towners. In fact we have done the trip twice now and are already looking forward to doing it again!

Visited June 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Sunny Sunday Sail”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband has always wanted to learn to sail, so I decided to surprise him with a mini lesson while we were in Chicago on business. I contacted Kevin the week of our trip and he was fantastically accommodating. We were supposed to sail for two hours on Friday afternoon, but given the weather forecast, Kevin suggested we reschedule for Sunday morning. I'm glad we did as it turned out to be a beautiful, sunny Sunday for sailing. We arrived at the boat, which is spacious, clean and comfortable. After grabbing some coffee, we set out onto the lake. Kevin had sent us a detailed document on "how to sail" so we could make the most of the adventure. My husband helped raise the sail, which he seemed to enjoy. Kevin taught use the rules of the lake and was more than hospitable. We had a great time learning and also relaxing and taking in the magnificent Chicago cityscape. I would sum up the day by saying that this was a very personalized journey in which the captain went the extra mile to make it a very memorable experience. At the end of the sail, Kevin helped us find a restaurant with gluten-free pizza and even dropped us off on his way home! In addition, he made a really cool interactive map of our sail and emailed it to us the week we returned home. I would sail with Kevin anytime as he was knowledgable, interesting, friendly, welcoming and fun!

1 Thank JAW77
Chicago
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic day on the lake!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We sailed on the Phenix on July 13 - Traffic into the city was a bit
slow and we were concerned about getting there on time. The parking
lot at DuSable Harbor is a bit tricky to find but has lots of space
and is really close to the boat. We were welcomed aboard by Capt
Kevin and his 1st mate and we quickly settled in. They made us feel as
though this was our boat! We brought our own sandwiches and drinks and
we could sit back and enjoy the skyline, sail, swim...it was all up to
us. We had a swim in the lake halfway through the trip and it was, uh,
refreshing! Seeing Chicago from the lake is really a treat. My
husband and I took our 3 kids (17,19 & 22) and they loved it. Kids got
to learn a bit about sailing and my husband and I got to relax.
Chicago has a beautiful lakefront and this truly is a special way to
enjoy it. Highly recommend this trip!

Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing cruise”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

A group of 6 of us chartered the Phenix for a sunset cruise last week and had a wonderful time. Captain Kevin and his 1st mate were more than gracious and charted a course that ended in the most magnificent sunset/twilight view of the City I could ever imagine. The boat is spacious and fun (did I mention bean bags in the front of the boat on the "trampoline" across the water??). You really haven't seen the skyline until you've seen it like this. This would be such a great idea as a gift or romantic anniversary night out. HIGHLY recommended. Very special.