“Great Food, Great Service, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Jane's

Jane's
Ranked #1,069 of 9,765 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Wicker Park / Bucktown
Cross street: Paulina St.
Transit: We are located 1 block south of the Kennedy Armitage exit, and 1 block from the Metra Clybourn stop. We are a $5 cab ride from the Armitage brown line L stop, and the Damen blue line L stop
Description: Open in 1994, Jane's is a quaint Bucktown eatery, specializing in fresh, clean foods, with several vegetarian options. We are open Tuesday-Sunday evenings, with a great Friday lunch. We serve a wonderful brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 8-2:30p.m. We have a beautiful party room, and specialize in celebrations! we're known in Chicago for being one of the city's most romantic dining spots.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My Girlfriend and I went here after we found it on Groupon. We made a reservation on Open Table and was able to get right in when we arrived. There is plenty of street parking right in front of the restaurant. The food was wonderful. They have a short and simple menu, and everything was delicious. If you are looking for a nice intimate atmosphere for a fun date night, I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband, and son and I visited Jane's Labor Day weekend. It had and open ceiling, and windows to the street. We were greeted right away. My husband and adult son had the black bean and goat cheese burrito. I had the house made veggie burger. I tasted theirs and it was fine, for me - goat cheese shouldn't be in a burrito. They loved it. The veggie burger however was very very good!. The bun tasted yeasty which was good and it was hot and delicious. It came with garlic mashed and a salad on the plate. I couldn't finish it. Well worth the money. It has a menu that is half vegetarian/vegan for those who choose to eat that way. I am not vegetarian but the veggie burger sounded great and it was!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The cheese plate!
This place does not disappoint. Clean space. Organic ingredients. tasty but not heavy feeling. I love Janes! Been here about 5 times and every time leave happy. I love the fish iand scallops items on the menu. We will be back!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had dinner here late one evening. They run a special, a menu with about 8 prix fixe three course meals. This is quite a bargain and the meals are excellent. I had a Balsamic salad, the scallops over pasta, and carrot cake. All of it was very tasty and well made. The server was a bit distracted; it was probably the end of a long shift. We were the last to leave. Decor is minimal with upside down parasols. I wonder if you've had too many Mai Tai drinks, would that really disorientate you? While a low light environment is very romantic, it's really hard to read a menu. I would enjoy going back again.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I went to Jane's for a unique neighborhood feel while we were visiting Chicago. We both ordered the burgers on a Sunday night (otherwise you have to get them at lunch) and it was the best burger I've ever had. I ordered the pineapple & pancetti burger while my husband got the bacon & bleu. The mashed potatoes were amazing!! And so was the gelato. We loved walking the little neighborhood and thought our dinner was absolutely AMAZING.