“$25 Prix Fixe -- A Great Deal”
Review of Jane's

Jane's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jane's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #999 of 9,604 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Wicker Park / Bucktown
Cross street: Paulina St.
Transit: We are located 1 block south of the Kennedy Armitage exit, and 1 block from the Metra Clybourn stop. We are a $5 cab ride from the Armitage brown line L stop, and the Damen blue line L stop
Description: Open in 1994, Jane's is a quaint Bucktown eatery, specializing in fresh, clean foods, with several vegetarian options. We are open Tuesday-Sunday evenings, with a great Friday lunch. We serve a wonderful brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 8-2:30p.m. We have a beautiful party room, and specialize in celebrations! we're known in Chicago for being one of the city's most romantic dining spots.
Midwest
“$25 Prix Fixe -- A Great Deal”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had dinner here late one evening. They run a special, a menu with about 8 prix fixe three course meals. This is quite a bargain and the meals are excellent. I had a Balsamic salad, the scallops over pasta, and carrot cake. All of it was very tasty and well made. The server was a bit distracted; it was probably the end of a long shift. We were the last to leave. Decor is minimal with upside down parasols. I wonder if you've had too many Mai Tai drinks, would that really disorientate you? While a low light environment is very romantic, it's really hard to read a menu. I would enjoy going back again.

• Visited July 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best burger I've ever had”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I went to Jane's for a unique neighborhood feel while we were visiting Chicago. We both ordered the burgers on a Sunday night (otherwise you have to get them at lunch) and it was the best burger I've ever had. I ordered the pineapple & pancetti burger while my husband got the bacon & bleu. The mashed potatoes were amazing!! And so was the gelato. We loved walking the little neighborhood and thought our dinner was absolutely AMAZING.

Visited July 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Get the window seat”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Had a lovely dinner with my daughter. We were offered the window table and at first I balked. However it was great. Like being outside but not! And up above the walkers.
Dinner was great. Some unusual twists to regular fare. Wine is expensive so just order a bottle...cheaper.
Service was great, not rushed.
I'd go back in a heartbeat!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,087 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,516 helpful votes
“Good vibe and great food”
Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

Today we had brunch here for the first time. We tasted the blueberry pancakes with blueberry homemade syrup and the French toast, both were really good. I loved the mashed potatoes, they had some aromatic herbs. It was a great surprise because normally I never love the potatoes, they are always the same, no innovation in this area.
The most part of the dishes have a mix between savory and sweet which we really appreciated.
Previously we also had some bread with a honey butter, it was very good too.
This place is beautiful, it has a cool decor and a relaxed ambiance.
The only issue was the service.

1 Thank HelenaGuerra
Chicago, Illinois
“A Wonderful Neighborhood Spot”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Just back from a great meal at Jane's. I love the cozy atmosphere. The menu and wines are reasonably priced. We had great service, great wine and wonderful salad and pork chop entree. It is always one of my favorites.

• Visited March 2012