“Wonder ambiance and Great food!”
Review of Nile Restaurant

Nile Restaurant
Ranked #1,744 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My son and I decided to stop at the Nile for an early Saturday dinner after attending mass. We'd eaten at The Nile's old location but not since they moved next to Starbucks on 55th Street. Wow! How nice it is. The ambiance was airly and spacious. The staff and food were of the same high quality as he other location, but it was a real refresh! I made it a point to tell the owner, who is always there cooking away in the kitchen, that I would be back and that I'd spread the word. Great for family, friends or even single dining.

Thank you TripAdvisor for having a space to comment on great restaurants for people to visit and live in Chicago!

2  Thank Jil R

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Nile is a nice middle-eastern restaurant near the University of Chicago. I had a really good lamb and an amazing middle eastern coffee, which comes with cinnamon and other spices. The main entrees range from $8 to $15.

1  Thank rafaelfcmoreira
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I have attended The Nile which recently moved. We were about to go there with friends which recommended going to the other similar restaurant around the corner. Named after a tree. So, we did and was not please. The soup and hummus was a watered down version of The Nile; the sandwich was not tasty. It was flavorless. I did not complain but I could see the expression on my husbands face, not happy. On the way home my husband and I stopped at the Nile and got snacks, for later that evening. Which as always, was perfect, and not lacking of ingredients.

1  Thank Sherrie T
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Good food! I really enjoyed the hummus. It is a little spicy with the dusting of cayenne and the jalepeño pepper, but it was not too spicy. The combo plate was a good sampling of the different styles of meat. The portions were huge. More than enough to split between 2 people which makes the $11.50-14.50 price really nice!

1  Thank lmari535
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had tabouleh and a meat pie for only $8 total. That's very cheap, and the food is incredibly good. My friend got hummus, it was fluffy and spicy enough. Next time I go to Chicago I will definitely stop there again

1  Thank ingrid_pariss