“Good Pizza”

Ranked #5,027 of 10,255 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for a late lunch after a visit to the Museum of Science & Industry. We had a salad and pizza. The Caesar Salad as more then big enough to split. The dressing was very good, and the hot roll was good. We had a thin crust 1/2 Cheese 1/2 Sausage. The crust was very buttery and good. The toppings were plentiful. Price point was in line. Service was good and friendly.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

At one point I really enjoyed this place. I don't know what happened the quality and portions has went down tremendously. I ordered the ribs and fish huge mistake, the fish was terrible and the ribs were something I could have did without. Overall I think I am done with Leona's. It has changed to much and not in a good way.

1  Thank Raquel M
Reviewed December 14, 2016

Ordered food through Grubhub for delivery during one of the coldest nights of the year (so far), and the experience could've been a million times better. Granted, I had no problem with the placing of the order, it was the delivery and the presentation that completely turned me off.

The delivery driver called to inquire where my building was, which is a double-edged sword. Granted it is a nice touch, but in the era of GPS.......so I'll split a hair on that one. What really raised an eyebrow is when the driver entered my building and had to climb stairs to get to me. Halfway up the stairs, as I'm standing on the landing, I hear him say very loudly, and I quote, "You've got to be (fill in the blank) me". Uh....what? What was that for? Seriously dude? That comment you really could've either kept to yourself, or made sure I was out of earshot. Extremely unprofessional. Extremely.

Then, the opening of the bag and the food itself. Now granted most places cut back on their portions for take-out, but this was ridiculous. I wish I had taken a picture, but by then I was so irritated that I just decided to eat and go to bed. I ordered a 5 cheese lasagna and there was a LOT more sauce than lasagna in the container. In fact the lasagna resembled a hamburger patty, only square. It was THAT THIN.

I'm good Leona's. Won't be back, either for delivery, take-out or dining in. Not after all of this.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

We stayed three nights in Chicago in an awesome apartment. There were several flyers in the apartment from nearby restaurants that delivered and we decided to give Leona´s a try. We ordered food for five people. The delivery time took what they told us, so that was something positive. But from that on, everything went south. We ordered a salad for my mother, that was not there and when I called to let them know, I was treated as a liar. I don´t know if they come across of many people that lie to them, but that is not me or anybody in my family. Instead of doing the intelligent thing of saying well, let me check it and I´ll call you back later or something similar, he just denied it from the first moment. And to boot the food we received was not very good either. So, bad customer service (some staff members would need to go to some politeness teaching classes) and food that was not worth the 45min delivery wait and the afterwards bad experience. DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL.

Reviewed October 7, 2016

We went for lunch at Leona's Restaurant in Hyde Park today after visiting the Museum of Science & Industry. We often have lunch there when we go to the museum, and have had very good food. That's why we kept going back. Today, however, I was extremely disappointed. We started with the chicken noodle soup. It came out very hot, which is exactly how we like it, but it didn't taste as good as we remembered it. Then we had the chicken parmesan sandwich,. It had absolutely no taste, a very thin slice of cheese and hardly any sauce. Very bland.
There were only a few other customers in the restaurant at 12:30 pm, so it seemed like the service shouldn't have been slow if the restaurant wasn't busy.