“Excellent authentic Colombian food in Chicago!”
Review of Las Tablas

Las Tablas
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Tablas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,795 of 9,531 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Latin, South American, Colombian, Steakhouse, Spanish, Central American
Good for: Families with children
Chicago, IL
“Excellent authentic Colombian food in Chicago!”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I visited during lunch hour so the restaurant was not very busy. The atmosphere was very nice. The staff were prompt and helpful. I didn't require a menu because I already knew what I wanted - Bandeja Paise with a can of Colombiana.

My food was served less than 10 minutes after being ordered, almost too fast. The dish didn't have the chorizo or the ground beef but the delicious steak made up for it. Regardless it helped end my withdrawal from what I think is one of the most beautiful countries on earth, Colombia.

• Visited October 2011

Chicago, Illinois
“One of my favorites....”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

My husband took me here many years ago when we first started dating, and has become one of our favorite places to celebrate special occasions. There are a few locations throughout Chicago, and the ambiance is different at each site. I recently took my entire family of 9 to the Irving Park location to celebrate my fathers birthday.The one on Irving Park has a live band every Saturday which we enjoy; however if you have a large group and maybe want to have good conversation it may be hard to hear each other while the band plays. I suggest reserving a table early, (before the band starts) and you can end your evening listening to the music. For my father, I told the waiter it was his birthday and he had the band surprise him with a trombone serenade and a candelite flan. It was a priceless moment as my dad was not expecting so much attention. Every time we go, we always order the same thing - the Beef empanadas (appetizers), Matrimonio (steak and Chicken Entre), White Sangria, and the coconut flan for dessert- absolutely to die for. and the chimmi-churri sauce - what a great compliment to the empanadas and entre. If you are thinking about dining here, I strongly recommend it, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2011
Birmingham, England
“Disappointing approach to customer satisfaction”
Reviewed February 28, 2010

The food was pretty good and the place is lively--and noisy. But one of the dishes at our table of 5 finally arrived over half an hour after the others, by which time everyone had finished eating. Our embarassed waiter told us originally that the first order had 'burned' and that a replacement would be out in '3-4' minutes. Half an hour later it arrived--had we known it was going to take so long we'd have just cancelled the dish. We each had a forkful to try, but we had all shared the dishes that arrived on time and no one was really hungry anymore so we asked for the remainder to be boxed up. The waiter had offered to see if he could 'get us some dessert or coffee on the house' by way of compensation, but we said we didn't want that. He then took a little over half of the price of the late dish off the bill, but we didn't think we should have to pay for it at all--after all, the mistake was entirely the restaurant's and the experience hadn't exactly enhanced our evening. We asked to see the manager who declined to speak to us (!) but instead the waiter said they would deduct the full price of the late dish provided we surrendered the 'doggie bag'. How ridiculous--we would have eaten that dish on the following day and probably enjoyed it, but instead they clawed it back only to throw it away and leave us disgruntled. They saved themselves $6.95, so I hope they feel it was worth it to lose us as customers. They also put a mandatory service charge of 15% on the bill for parties of over 4 people, which I haven't come across before--usually it's six or 8 people or even more. What a missed opportunity to rescue a mistake, make the restaurant look good and repair our evening!

Chicago
“Great Food, Great Service, Great experience!”
Reviewed March 3, 2009

This place has become one of our favorite places to go. Me and my girlfriend have been there twice and have alwyas had a great experience. I recommend the skirt steak...it's one of the best I've ever had. You also need to try the empanadas. I think that's how you spell it. Watch out for the Sangria, it will knock your socks off. It sneaks up on you and it's delicious. There are no negatives about this place. Maybe the wooden seats could be a little more comfortable but that's it. The excellent food is priced just right and the BYOB is a bonus! You won't be disappointed with this place.

Chicago, Illinois
“Best Birthday Ever!”
Reviewed February 15, 2009

My husband took me here for dinner and dancing for my 30th birthday/Valentine's Day (the same day, so he had a lot to live up to!) and it was the best birthday I've ever had!! The service was excellent! We listened to live Bossa Nova during dinner then went to the main dining room after and danced the night away to an awesome salsa band! The food was AMAZING (we ordered the empanadas twice, they were so good!) and my Malbec and mojito were to die for! I don't even like steak and I had to steal a second bite of my hubbies because it was so wonderfully flavored! There is convenient parking lot right across the street (city parking) which makes this locale super convenient. I can't wait to go back (as soon as my feet aren't hurting anymore from the hours of dancing!) Great service, great place!! MUST GO TO!

Been to Las Tablas? Share your experiences!