“This place is slipping...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Palapita Restaurant
Ranked #5,406 of 10,104 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican, Middle Eastern
Reviewed July 15, 2012

La Palapita is basically a hole-in-the-wall burrito and taco joint. It's pretty nasty looking, both inside and out.

But I find myself there about twice a month because it's three blocks away and because the food has typically been head-and-shoulders better than similar places.

Lately, however, the place has been slipping a bit. I think it might be under new management, and the food suddenly isn't quite as good. I'll give them another chance, but I fear they've turned into just another average mexican joint.

That would be a shame -- they've been in business in this neighborhood for something like 20 years and have always had a great reputation for great, greasy mexican road food.

1  Thank BadAngus

Been to La Palapita Restaurant? Share your experiences!