“Excellent”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Party of 4 for lunch. Service...excellent. Food..excellent. Atmosphere..pure Chicago. Will be back. Salmon, chicken Alfredo, burger, soups... Super!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family has been going to this restaurant for years. I got numerous friends hooked on the ribs after taking them there, and they in turn have recommended the ribs to their friends. You will not be disappointed in this restaurant.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place is awesome! The service is incredible and the food is absolutely divine! I can't believe how great their rib combos are! Ribs and jambalaya ... ribs and chicken ... ribs and LOBSTER?! Yes, please! I had the ribs and lobster. Only about $30, and it was the best ribs AND lobster I've ever had! How can a restaurant be so great at both? The rest of my party ordered the other combos and loved them, too. I can't wait to go back. I've been dreaming of that lobster. And the turtle ice cream pie dessert was so delicious! What are you waiting for? Go there now!!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Review title says it all. Dined there 2 days before St Patrick's Day. The bar area was full and shortly after being seated, the dining area was also full. Normally on Fridays during Lent, they have a Lake Perch Fry, but being so close to St Patrick's Day, there were other specials. Server was most attentive and the portions were all considerable in size. The meals were prepared exactly as ordered and could not have been more tasty and sumptious. The ribs were perfectly cooked and just fell off the bone. A plus was the free parking in the lot adjacent to the restaurant.

1  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've been all over this town eating ribs and yet I still find myself coming back to the Gale street inn. They are always delicious and how they manage to maintain the consistency amazes me.
Black bean soup is a plus, and the Au Gratin is a guilty pleasure. The atmosphere is always friendly and the service is great. I will admit, I've never had any of the other food but I would guess it would be good as well.