“Great Food! Be Aware Of Mad Manager”
Review of Casbah Cafe - CLOSED

Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Reviewed May 20, 2011

PLEASE READ (specially towards the end of review!!!!):
I have been to Kasbah several times, and it is probably one of my favorite Mediterranean restaurants in the area. We arrived early and got the table up by the window, and our server was awesome. She knew the menu and what to recommend, why you should order this and not that and so on. All of a sudden they got extremely busy, given it was a Friday night, around 7:30 pm and people was waiting to get a table. Unfortunately our server was THE ONLY SERVER in the place. They had a bus boy who kept giving us refill, but it was clear that they he couldn't do much more than what he was doing given the fact that he probably did not have any training on the menu, order taken or sitting people. Our server did an AMAZING job at keeping things under control and making sure every table got the attention they deserved.
BUT ONE THING HAD TO HAPPEN TO RUIN OUR EXPERIENCE: I gave the buy boy our cards, since our server was extremely busy, and asked him to take it up to the manager (or whoever he was that ran the credit cards) to save the poor lady a run up an down the restaurant. 10 minutes later, on my way to the restroom, as I walk by the desk where the guy was with the credit cards, I decided to stop and see if I could get an update on our checks, or what not. WOW, he was a total [--]!! yelled at me and said that I had to sit down and wait, that I had no business being up there. I was ready to give him the reaction he deserved, making a scene wasn't worth it. I went back to the table, gave our poor and amazing server a 25% tip and left. BE AWARE OF THE MAD GUY!!!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2009

Quiet, cozy and the food is divine. What else is there?

Everytime - bring your own wine....The proprietor cooks as if he was cooking for his family - it just tastes different that way.

I have become a regular and visit everytime I am in Chicago.

Ingrid

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Love, love, love this place. the owner is wonderful, he always shows us a good time. the food is excellent. one of my top three restaurants in chicago. (i still have a lot to check out). this place is byob which makes it even more fun.

Reviewed March 13, 2008

I've encouraged SO many people to go here and no one has ever been disappointed. Be prepared to eat a slower meal, but it is well worth it. Definitely a favorite that I plan on always going back to.

Palo Alto, California