“Cinnamon rolls to die for”
Review of Ann Sather

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Lake View
Reviewed October 31, 2016

I've loved Ann Sather's restaurants since I was a kid; and having moved from Chicago a number of years ago, coming back was like coming home.

And I was welcomed with cinnamon rolls. :)

The atmosphere is welcoming, and the wait staff are very friendly. Our waiter set us up with free cinnamon rolls to go at the end of our meal, and gifted us with an Ann Sather trivet for our kitchen. Nice touches.

I had the Swedish Meatballs for lunch - they were delicious, and my only complaint is that my potatoes were a little cold. Boo. But the noodles and gravy were rich and flavorful and the meatballs just the right texture.

When folks say that Ann Sather's cinnamon rolls are the best in the world, they're not kidding. These are like SIN-namon rolls, they're so rich and warm and melty and just jam packed with flavor. I could eat three. In fact, I did.

Go, get you to this place and eat.

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

We went in to grab a bite because everything within a mile of Wrigley was packed during the World Series. I was pleasantly surprised at the service and food during this crazy time. They have some pretty great food but I was really impressed that the server was so good natured during this time. Pretty rare in my experience.

Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

We cannot visit Chicago without stopping by AS. The location is convenient. The Swedish vibe is welcoming. The breakfast is amazing (free cinnamon rolls as side dishes????). Go early as it gets packed. You can't go wrong here.

Reviewed October 26, 2016

The reviews do not do justice. I ordered the monte-cristo. The monte cristo breakfast is the best of all worlds. The bread, texture, taste and quality is great. You get a slice of ham that is good quality about an eight of the inch thick. Then add cheesy eggs with the jam on the side. This is wonderful. I could only eat one fourth of the entree. On top of that you get two sides. This is nothing like any other monte cristo that I have ever had. The coffee was hot and good.

For my sides, I chose the cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit. The cinnamon rolls melt in your mouth. The fresh fruit was good, and helped to offset all of the sugar that I had. This is a wonderful breakfast choice. The ham was not salty and I did not expect the large slice that I got. I really enjoyed my meal.

Service was good. Folks are friendly. Great food. The restaurant is not far from a metro station. You can connect to go to Wrigley, and sites on that side of town. The restaurant is larger than it appears and the staff works to keep customers moving. There were many repeat local customers that made me feel at home even though I have never visited before nor am I from the Chicago area.

Reviewed October 22, 2016

Best cinnamon rolls ever, and fabulous Swedish pancakes with lingonberries! All breakfasts, which are hardy on their own, come with (2!) giant cinnamon rolls - fresh and warm out of the oven. The breakfast eggs come with a choice of sides. The Swedish potato sausage is very good choice, as are the hash browns. The staff is very friendly and relaxed. The atmosphere is what you would call “conversation challenged”, especially when they are very crowded. (Which is every Saturday and Sunday morning.) Although the breakfast is better than average, it’s the cinnamon rolls that make this an outstanding, not to be missed restaurant in Andersonville.

Date of visit: November 2015

Been to Ann Sather? Share your experiences!