“My top 5 favorite restaurant in Chicago”
Review of Ann Sather

Ann Sather
Ranked #111 of 9,675 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Diner, Swedish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Chicago, Illinois
“My top 5 favorite restaurant in Chicago”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I've lived in Chicago for a while and I can HONESTLY say this is one of my favorite restaurants. This restaurant has been featured on Food Network multiple times by Rachael Ray and Jeff (from winner of Food Network Stars and Sandwich King). I'm really surprised people complain about the price because I was just in there 2 days ago and got their Swedish entrees for $10.99-came with soup or salad (chose salad-came with beets, spinach, romaine, etc), 2 sides, 2 free slices of pumpkin loaf, 3 free cinnamon buns (which is partly what they are famous for) and then my huge entree. There are many restaurants in the city and in the area that serve similar food (such as Kanela) which are European breakfast places which have tart/savory flavors in the meals which may be unfamiliar to someone who typically eats at McDonalds or has cereal for breakfast. This place isn't packed everyday for nothing!

• Visited January 2014

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Best Breakfast Place I've Never Heard Of!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had the good fortune to come across this restaurant on my recent trip to Chicago. It turns out that this gem was literally right around the corner from where we stayed. They have great omelets, great service and some of the best cinnamon rolls I've ever had! I highly recommend that you stop in!

• Visited December 2013
Glendale, Arizona
“My favorite comfort food and I'm from AZ”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Oh my goodness. I've been before. I want to eat all the things on the menu. I should have been Swedish. Hot cinnamon rolls, panacakes. Tip though, pancakes are more like crepes and lingonberries are tart like cranberry. Run here for great sticking food.

Visited October 2013
Illinois
“Great Breakfast at a Chicago Standard”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Ann Sather's is an icon in Chicago and deserves it. The omelets were great as were the pancakes. Well worth the effort if you are looking for a place along the north shore.

• Visited November 2013
“Disgusting and Overpriced”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We were told that this was a Chicago landmark so we thought we'd give it a try. If you like overpriced breakfast food, this is the place for you. It's like an over priced Denny's and is equally disgusting. The glasses were caked in scum and for what we ordered, the portions were extremely small and were incredibly over priced. When the food did come out there was a hair on one of our plates. While this might have been a landmark at one point, this is one landmark I will not be treasuring.

• Visited December 2013