“Nice ambiance”
Review of Drew's on Halsted

Drew's on Halsted
Reserve with OpenTable
Drew's on Halsted is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #443 of 9,925 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Cross street: Belmont
Transit: Belmont (Brown Line, Purple Line, Red Line) Wellington (Brown Line, Purple Line)
Description: A contemporary, American neighborhood bar & grill, Jack's features globe cusine incorporating Asian, Mediterranean and New World making it a true American blend. For the past 15 years Jack's has been serving distinctive, skillfully prepared, high quality food for all to enjoy. We strive to use the finest and freshest ingredients available. We are passionate about two things, serving healthful, excellent food and being sensible about our prices. Jack's on Halsted is committed to offering the best food value possible. Located on the corner of Halsted and Belmont in Lakeview, Jack's is in the most diverse and exciting neighborhood in all of Chicago. With Blue Man Theater just steps away and some of Chicago's most unique shops, not to mention clubs, bars and restaurants, Lakeview is a destination you will never forget. Jack's is the place to start or end your night out, be sure to ask for a table at the window! ​Drew Johnson got his start as Bar Manager for Jack's on Halsted nearly 13 years ago. In 2010, he became the owner/managing partner, and continues to make positive changes as the restaurant continues to be a staple in the East Lakeview neighborhood, offering consistently great food and an innovative martini list. Drew graduated from Hocking College in Nelsonville, Ohio with a degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management. Drew has faced many challenges the last few years and has managed to keep Jack's on Halsted a great place to have dinner, whether visiting from out of town or catering to local residents. He demands the best service from his staff and ensures that the quality of food is always the freshest and of the highest standards. Drew is committed to keeping Jack's on Halsted as a local favorite for years to come.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We ate here before going to Blue Man Group. It was around the corner.

Cozy, dim lighting, quick, capable and courteous staff. They had napkins folded like a vest/jacket on the plates.

Food was really good. My boyfriend and sister had the half chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and spinach (they had the 3 course meal). They agreed that it was really good, comfort food. They had salad to start, the entree then dessert. He had chocolate ice cream and she had creme brulee- both had too much powdered sugar on top, I had a cheese burger and fries, which was also very good. Portions were good, as was price.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Flat Iron Steak that melted on our mouths with garlic mashed potatos and a veggie. For desert, the most delightful Cheesecake with Peaches on top, I have ever eaten. Thank you for a wonderful Birthday Dinner that I will remember for a very long time.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were in Chicago for a girls weekend and were looking for a good restaurant before we went to see Blue Man Group, Jack's was close to the theater and so we decided to try it. I can not say enough good things about it, the variety of selections was impressive, the service was excellent and the food was delicious. After the show we went back to Jack's for a drink, the owner came out and started talking to us, we found he was from the same area that we were from. When we got ready to leave he called cabs for us, without us asking and went outside to wait for them and make sure we got into the cabs he had called. This is a place I would return to anytime I'm in Chicago, you can't go wrong at this restaurant.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This wasn't my first time at Jack's and certainly not the last. On this short 12-day visit I went there twice. As noted earlier, I'm a man of habits, so every time I order the same thing,
I had two appetizers which make a up a whole, full (!) meal. I ordered the chacruterie and the duck risotto.
The risotto has to best I've ever tasted at any restaurant I've been to in my world travels. it's really outstanding. their pomegranate martini is also very good... enjoy!
The atmosphere is great and the staff very friendly ;-)

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Jack's was recommended by the hotel where we were staying. The restaurant has a wonderful ambiance, but with a casual atmosphere. The menu offered a variety of selections-- from meat to fish to vegetarian options. You can make reservations, but we did not and had no problem being seated immediately. Service was great as well. They also have a patio for additional seating as well.