“Good food, good atmosphere”
Review of Las Tablas

Las Tablas
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Tablas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,762 of 9,903 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Colombian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Cross street: Southport Ave/Wellington Ave
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We enjoyed this place.... we had our toddler with us and he was in a mood, so we were happy to find that the restaurant was fairly noisy. Downstairs by the bathrooms there was a nice sitting area that was perfect for a screaming child. The food was really good. We had the Entrana steak and chicken combination. It was good. Everything season similarly. We just started a new diet and were sad to find that there were no vegetable options that weren't fried. Ended up with a simple side salad.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I went with a group of 10 and our service was good. They sat us at a long table and I was unfortunate enough to sit on the bench side of the table so I really was not comfortable. I ordered the churrasquito steak which was pretty good. I didn't think the sides that came with it were very interesting. Overall it was so-so. If you live in Chicago I'd give it a shot but if you're just in town visiting there are plenty of other restaurants that are better.

1  Thank AmandaG197
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I ordered the smaller portion churrasquito cut and it was delicious!! It comes with yuca and sweet plantain and the portions were just right. I think that for $18 this is a great deal in a great ambiance.We went late on a Friday night and did not have trouble finding parking. The only thing I do miss from Las Tablas is their BYOB policy. Since they've expanded the restaurant and remodeled it they now have a bar. I ordered the Argentine Malbec, it was okay but not one of my best. I definitely recommend this restaurant either for a group or to go on a date. :)

Reviewed May 31, 2012

One of the best Colombian restaurants I have been in the US. The steaks are the best, love their bandeja paisa, chimichurri, empanadas, patacon pisao with steak and cheese on top. If you like steak and want a break from the taste-less American steakhouses around, go here. Their skirt steaks are grilled to perfection and marinated in some sort of cummin-garlic marinade that is delicious. Have a sangria if you feel like drinking or a blended tropical juice if you don't. On sundays their brunch is really good as well. During the week they also have Colombian pastries, unfortunately not as many as Macondo used to have across the street (Macondo closed down and is supposed to have been merged with Las Tablas but you don't get the same stuff anymore). The service is good, waiters are very nice, however just like any Colombian restaurant, they don't go over the bar, tend to 'forget about you' and it can get crappy if they are busy.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Its my first time visiting this Colombian restaurant and it was Amazing the food was delicious, the service was great and i just loved it. I really do recommend this restaurant, we were fortunate to have an awesome waiter. FUN FACT: the family that own this restaurant has a daughter who was in a show called "Nuestra Belleza Latina" similar to "Miss Universe" and she was one of the finalist that represents Chicago. Please go check it out the location is great by the way. Its a little pricy.