“Just Delicious”

Ranked #527 of 9,766 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I loved this restaurant. The atmosphere is great the food is delicious, French with a Japanese infusion.
The service is perfect, Seth was our waiter he was attentive charming and took time out of his busy evening to make an origami frog's for our 3 year old twins, they were delighted.
I was most impressed that Yoshi came out to chat with his clients. Yoshis was a great find for us we dined there twice on our 2 week vacation in Chicago. It was defiantly my favourite restraunt. Its the top of my list the next time we holiday in Chicago..

1  Thank AngMO2000

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Yoshi's Cafe 4 times now in the past 8 months and have only positive things to say - they managed to provide great service and perfectly made food even on an especially busy night which not all restaurants manage to do.

Try their whole red snapper - deliciously deep fried and beautifully presented - it peels from the bones in sublime chunks. On Thursday nights, consider one of their Prix Fixe options which includes 3 course dinner for $24.95. I had the Korean skirt steak dusted with sesame seeds and served with a jalapeño spiked BBQ sauce - yum, yum yum!!!!

Chicago has so many great food choices - this one should be on your list. It will not disappoint - consider it for a random night out or to celebrate a special occasion.

BTW - every time I've been there, Yoshi has been there working the kitchen and then coming out to meet customers. He is ensuring the quality of what's made there and it shows.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is always a wonderful go-to restaurant whether it be for a nice date, dinner with friends, or a great brunch with delicious cocktails.

3  Thank Lee J
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We visit my brother in Chicago once or twice a year and every visit includes dinner at Yoshi's Cafe. We keep going back because the food and the service is fantastic. My wife had a Japanese style fish dish while my brother and I opted for the rack of lamb. My wife and I started with the beet salad. Picture a rectangular dish with four beet cubes (two golden and two red) with greens and a wonderful soft goat cheese. Part of the delight is the presentation. The flavors are another part and the service is the third. The staff is knowledgeable and is present without being smothering. The dessert tray is a beauty to behold. The chocolate lava cake is divine. I had a berry mouse crusted with green tea over two types of chocolate. My brother and I left first. My wife picked up one of the complimentary little boxes of cookies as she left. The hostess told her that the 'men' didn't get their cookies and handed her two more boxes. This is the attention to detail and service. I don't know when I'll get back to see my brother, but we'll be going back to Yoshi's Cafe for sure.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I really enjoyed my meal at Yoshi last night (Tuesday). The staff was great and responsive even though they were quite busy. They served a local latino beer which I had never had before...it was quite good. Well...the 5 Rabbits was good...the 5 Lizards not so much. I had their famous hamburger...and it was fantastic and perfectly cooked. I didn't want to go heavy...so the server recommended no top bun and sauteed grean beans instead of fries. Bet green beans ever. Though I was happy to pay for the beer that I didn't like (though I have done so many times) they removed it from my bill. The server simply said "That's the way we are." Yah ya are Yoshi...and I wouldn't change a thing.

One of the owners was there and she was just as nice as she could be...and I talked to her outside for a short while afterward. This is really a gem of a mom and pop though contemporary and fresh restaurant. Chicago is lucky to have it.