“Pass on the toast at Toast” 2 of 5 bubbles

Toast
Ranked #470 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pass on the toast at Toast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

It figures that a place called toast would make its profit on the sale of carbs. My spouse and I visited in Veterans Day 2013 and had a mediocre experience. I ordered a sausage omelette and it came out with less than half a sausage link inside of it. My spouse ordered the pancakes with country ham and the single piece of ham was as thin as paper. Except for the bread, it seems as if management is nickle and diming customers. The breakfast was fair at best. My husband said his grits were cold and his pancakes not good. Service was decent but did not offset the lackluster meal.

Orlando, FL
“Pancake Orgy - OMG!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great place for breakfast/brunch. I had the Pancake Orgy and Hubs had Huevos w/ Chorizo & Cheddar. Both of our dishes were incredible! The pancakes are HUGE and surrounded by a lot of fresh berries and fruit. I have never tasted a pancake like the lemon poppyseed, and it was so different! I don't think I'd get a plate of just the lemon poppyseed, but they were a great balance to the rest of the deliciousness on my plate. We were absolutely stuffed for hours so it was definitely a good choice before we started shopping. I'd go back there in a heartbeat, and it was easy to get to from our hotel (Crown Plaza Metro - take the 8 all the way up Halstead). I'm drooling just thinking about my pancakes!

Columbus, Ohio
“Holy Marscarpone Batman!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Skip Church, pray over the French Toast. It's AMAZING! What's more amazing is that I don't EAT French Toast, or bread for that matter! I'm typically gluten free. I was in Chicago for 2 days & a friend took me there on Day 1. She got the French Toast assortment -Strawberry & Marscarpone, I got the sensible 2 eggs over medium & fruit. I TASTED her toast & the next day I blew off my daughter's DePaul campus orientation breakfast & headed straight for Toast to fulfill my gluttonous but not gluten free fancy, scarfed down the entire Marscarpone French Toast, a bite of strawberry (yum) & a sliver of chocolate (ok) French Toast. I am thrilled my daughter chose DePaul if only for the fact that I get to go to Toast each time I am in town! Mmmmmm! Yes please & it's quaint & casual & they have a great little bar so you can get your Bloody Mary on and truly toast the wonders of Toast!

Toronto, Canada
“Best brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a great brunch spot in Lincoln Park, look no further. Best French toast and benedict this side of Lake Michigan. Small and sometimes a wait, but who cares.

Memphis, Tennessee
“OMG.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Sunday brunch at Toast was one of my favorite meals I had during my trip to Chicago. Our table got the French Toast Orgy and the Grilled Tenderloin Benedict and shared. Both were insanely good, although I prefer less a sweet breakfast so the tenderloin benedict was my favorite. TO DIE FOR. We came to the Lincoln Park location at around 11 on a Sunday, so the wait was around 30 minutes. The neighborhood the restaurant is in is super cute, and the wait outside was enjoyable. Beautiful homes and cute shops, and close to Oz Park. One word of caution: they only seat complete parties, and if you are not there when they call for you, you'll get skipped. We were seated earlier than expected because a few parties in front of us wandered off. All in all, an absolute must.

• Visited July 2013