“Nice spot for lunch and surprising not so busy.”

O'Brien's Restaurant
Ranked #2,938 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Excellent quaility and attentive wait staff. I had the heirloom tomato salad and it was cool, fresh and perfect for a warm summer day, Avacado, different tomatos, goat cheese severed over lettuce. The others in my group had salads that were big and plentiful. the french onion soup was outstanding. the outdoor patio looked like a nice spot for people wating in Old Town.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to my friend and I by a local. The service was excellent. The food delicious. My friend had the Dino a burger and said it might be the best burger she ever ate. I had the turkey burger and it was very flavorful and good with the cheese and avocado. We both enjoyed the sweet potato fries that came as a side. After a general discussion with our waitress about flavored vodkas, she brought us each a shot of S'More flavor to taste (complimentary).
I would definitely visit this restaurant a lot if I was a resident. It is a great place to take a meal if attending events at Second Cty as it is so close. A great find!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Worst food in Chicago. They claimed to get a new chef but no one would dare call him/her a chef with that food. I live down the street so this isnt just my opinion but the whole neighborhood's. It has a cute patio for a beer but good luck getting past the horrrible service and rude managers that will require you to order food to sit at a patio table. (a place that had good food would not have to force you to order it- get it?). You have been warned!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We were walking around old town and came across this place. From the outside, we thought pub. But, it has a very nice interior and a calm feeling. I had the mini turkey burger and the French onion. Both were excellent. The service was great. The manager on duty found out we were from out of town and came to our table to see if we needed any info on what to see next. He also have us a map of the area. I would recommend O'Briens to anyone.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Front dining room large windows slide open right on the sidewalk, makes for enjoying great weather without having to sit in the sun along with wonderful people watching. Good variety of food selections. The service and the food was very good.

Been to O'Brien's Restaurant? Share your experiences!