“Amazing Food, wonderful service”
Review of Via Carducci - CLOSED

Via Carducci
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
chicago
“Amazing Food, wonderful service”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stopped here on the recommendation of friends, and were very pleased. The food was absolutely fantastic.We were with our 2 children aged 7 and 10 and the staff was very accommodating to their needs as well. It is more of an adult atmosphere, but were were there just before the Friday dinner crowd. We would definitely return

• Visited January 2013

Skokie, IL
“Excellent Food - Friendly Waitstaff - Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been to Via Carducci numerous times (probably 10-15), and have been meaning to write a review for quite a while. This is definitely one of the absolute best Italian restaurants I have been to (for dishes other than pasta). We have taken numerous job candidates here for dinner and have never been disappointed with the food or the friendliness.

The restaurant is in a small storefront with a small cozy bar near the front. On weekends the parking can be tight around the neighborhood, but there is valet parking if you need it. The waitstaff is always extremely friendly and helpful when you enter, treating you like an old friend.

The soups (especially the minestrone and lentil) are excellent, and the bruschetta is nice as well as the salads. Tables are served with fresh bread, olive oil, and cheese. I often have one of their entree specials (this latest time I had the chicken breast stuffed with cheese, prosciutto, and eggplant and covered with a lovely sauce), and have loved every one. Their other classic dishes are also great, such as the eggplant parmagiana, chicken marsala, chicken vesuvio, and the veal and lamb chops. While I am not the biggest fan of their basic penne pasta w/marinara (often served as a side dish) their their pasta entree dishes with chicken or meat are excellent.

The wine selection is quite nice, and the atmosphere is very comfortable and relaxing. As I said earlier - many times and never a disappointment. I am usually so full I haven't had room for dessert so I really can't tell you much about those, and I actually have never had one of their pizzas (though others who had them have said they are great). So if you want a wonderful relaxing, friendly restaurant in the LIncoln Park area that great for either romance or just a spot to go with friends - this is the place!

• Visited October 2012
Perth, Australia
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I headed up this way because I used to live in the neighborhood 18 years ago. This restaurant was not here but looked so nice we stopped for dinner. The servers were super nice and friendly. They let me change around the pasta and sauce to create my own meal. I had the fettuccini witth arrabiatta sauce (not the usual kind of pasta), K had a neat combination of orechiccetti with sausage and broccoli rabe, and C had veal limone. Food was awesome and the prices were good. The restaurant is very pretty too.

• Visited September 2012
chicago
“Consistently delicious authentic Italian food!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have been eating at Via Carducci for over a decade and it is always a dependably delicious for true Italian food. The pastas are some of the best and the calamari, both fried and grilled, is wonderful. It's cozy and cute with friendly people working there. If a restaurant can stay open and busy in this high rent neighborhood for so many years you know it's fabulous!

Chicago, Illinois
“Lasagna soup . . .”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

If you remember Papa Milano's on Oak and State Streets, their lasagna was outstanding. I wish I could say the same about the lasagna at this place. It looked like they just poured cheese over the noodles. It was closer to the consistency of soup than it was to lasagna. I really had high hopes for this place.

• Visited March 2012