“It is what it is.”

Golden Nugget Pancake House
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Super fast, courteous service with a smile. Prices a family will love, and hey, you can't screw up pancakes. We've got lots of Chicago locations and they are all pretty much the same. usually located in borderline-sketchy neighborhoods, but consistently good and always open. Check it out.

There are newer reviews for Golden Nugget Pancake House

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been going to the GN since the early 1970s, loved it as a child and longed for it as an adult. I have been living in Los Angeles for the last 30 years and was amazed to find that the
Golden Nugget chain is still around the Chicago area, so of course I had to stop.........How does a place stay so good for 40+ years? Clean, great staff, great food, great prices! Another real gem in the City of Chicago.

1  Thank hollyseslar
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The place looked good enough, and the menu was extensive and interesting. I spotted interesting looking cakes at the counter although we didn't try any because we were there for lunch.

The server was polite but forgot the brown sugar which I asked for. The food was so-so. I got the oreo pancakes which looked good, turned out to be ok. The french toast my friend got was good though

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I barely remember the meal. It's a diner that is convenient as it's open 24 hours. But the food was just OK.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Pretty standard coffee shop fare, but I think this chain is 24/7, has friendly service, good coffee, wide menu, and above average breakfasts