“Warning: Their Sweets are Deliciously Addictive”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweet Mandy B's

Sweet Mandy B's
Ranked #16 of 267 Bakeries in Chicago
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Warning: Their Sweets are Deliciously Addictive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I love Sweet Mandy B's, and usually end up stopping there at least two times on each trip to Chicago. The cute shop is always busy, and for good reason. Their cupcakes are awesome, and the frosting that tops them is amazing... seriously, I could eat gallons of it! Highly recommend the frosting topped sugar cookies and the cupcakes.

• Visited October 2012

Highwood
“Embarrassing! I thought I was bringing friends to the sweet spot- so wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

When the music is so full of expletives I'm embarrassed myself, there's something desperately wrong. The sweets are simply OK, but won't waste the time EVER again...

• Visited April 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“The Sweeter Side of Chicago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you go to Chicago, pizza is a tourist rite of passage, however the sweeter side of Chicago deserves a visit. Sweet Mandy B's may not be run by a top pastry chef from a French culinary school, but it is one of the best places in the city to escape to some of the sweet treats that remind you of childhood.

I am a sweet addict. I don't have a sweet tooth, no unfortunately, I am addicted to baked goods. Sad, but true. You can imagine the awe I experienced when walking into this bakery shop that looks, feels and smells like a bakery should look, feel and smell. From the brightly decorated awnings on the outside to the smell of baked goods on the inside - I was immediately a fan.

I looked at the first counter filled with bars, cookies, rice crispy treats and all things not cupcakes and pies. I then stopped in front of their second counter full of cupcakes, cake slices and pies. Wow...it can't possibly taste as good as it looks, right? I have been fooled before! But it is! It is just as good as it looks!

So, for my very first visit, I purchased six cupcakes. I purchased vanilla on vanilla, vanilla on chocolate, banana chocolate, red velvet, confetti and cookie monster. So, by far, my favorite is confetti and cookie monster. Nom, nom, nom!!! The cupcakes are moist, but still moist enough to have a bit of a crumble. The flavor of the cake is absolutely delish! However, the buttercream sells it for me every time! The buttercream is OMG-this-is-so-good-I-could-eat-it-with-a-crane-sized-fork good! I am not sure how they make their buttercream, however I am amazed every time.

The second time I visited, I purchased chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes and an apple cherry pie. The chocolate chip cookies were decent, however not my favorite. The pie was delicious! The crumb on the pie was sweet, but not too sweet. The apple cherry filling had just the right amount of sugar and flavor. Yum!

So, now whenever I make my way to Lincoln Park, I am driving like a sugar crazed fiend to make my way to Sweet Mandy B's. Trust me, go, do not say that you have been to all kinds of bakeries and you can have cupcakes at home. I thought the same way too! Sweet Mandy B's is a special little bakery with the best baked goods in town!

• Visited December 2012
“Cupcakes are fine, but Butterscotch pudding is divine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

You can go for the obvious scene stealers @ this charming neighborhood bakery - the cupcakes, the cookies, any of the homey, but beautiful baked goods or you can do yourself a favor & order the butterscotch pudding. Disregard any previous notions of what you thought pudding was - from a box, or a plastic cup - this is pudding as it was meant to be: rich, dense, creamy & full-of-flavor. I no longer live down the street from Mandy B's, but I always find my way back each time I visit Chicago. P.S. A shout out for my sister's favorite, the snicker doodles.

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Cupcakes, Pies, and Cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Like it all. Reliable when you put in an order for future pickup. Flexible. Great service. Fantastic cupcakes, but pies just as good.

Visited October 2012