“Great French Restaurant”
Review of Mon Ami Gabi

Mon Ami Gabi
Reserve with OpenTable
Mon Ami Gabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Cross street: Fullerton
Transit: CTA 22 bus or 36 bus to Belden/Clark CTA 151 bus Inner Drive
Description: Mon Ami Gabi is a classic French bistro that embraces a passion for food, wine and culture. Whether you come for the Onion Soup Au Gratin, Steak Frites or decadent Profiteroles, Mon Ami Gabi offers something to satisfy all tastes. For those looking to indulge in a unique dish, the Escargots de Bourgogne with garlic-herb butter is literally a sizzling experience. To complement the menu, an extensive selection of more than 80 boutique French wine varietals, handpicked by renowned chef and owner Gabino Sotelino, are served by the glass or bottle from our signature rolling wine cart. While the favorites are here in abundance, there’s always something new when you’re ready to fall in love all over again.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had a great time at this restaurant last weekend. We had to wait about 5 minutes before we were seated so they gave us shrimp cocktail and a pate plate for the table. That was a very nice touch. Our waiter was great-friendly and knowledgeable. My grilled salmon with spinach salad and walnuts and blueberries Everyone enjoyed their meal. I would definitely go back the next time I am in Chicago.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been coming to Mon Ami Gabi on Christmas Eve for over 25 years. It is always busy so be sure to make your reservation well in advance. I am absolutely in love with their Pomme Frittes!
Service is friendly and timely and the food is always well prepared. I love their seafood specialties (especially the Skate Wing) but my family stick to the steaks here and they are always happy. I highly recommend their patio in the summer months as they are right across from the Lincoln Park zoo and the patio is especially pretty to sit at. Bring the family as they are also family friendly. My highest recommendation for a special experience!!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This time, the food was mediocre for the price. Good service made up for the boring food. Valet parking is $14.00 per car-should be free with validated ticket after spending that amount on dinner.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We loved everything about this place. I would recommend making a reservation in advance. We made ours online through Open Table on their website about 2 weeks prior. We dined here on a Thursday night and it was completely full at 7pm. We had the french onion soup, a bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary, we also ordered the warm olive jar for an appetizer to eat with the bread. Our entrees were steak and trout and we received a complimentary dessert for our anniversary. It was served in courses and we took our time and never felt rushed, even though all the staff were quite attentive to our needs, pouring champagne, clearing dishes, etc. We enjoyed it very much and would highly recommend this restaurant for a special dinner. It's located in the Belden-Stratford apartment building.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Taking the family for Christmas shopping dinner tonight...I love steak fritte , daughter loves the mussels, wife loves the scallops, we love this place and have been coming for years. I even go to the Vegas outlet!