“Great date night spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!

Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 9,494 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Cross street: Armitage
Transit: Just North East of the Brown Line on Armitage.
Description: Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba! Is Chicago's original Spanish tapas bar, serving the Lincoln Park neighborhood since 1985.
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great date night spot”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently dined here after the restaurant was recommended to me by many coworkers. We made a reservation and were seated right away (even 30 mins early). The atmosphere was fun and light and the service was phenomenal. Every time a plate was empty, someone was at our table to clear dirty dishes, refill water, etc...

The food was delicious! We ordered Sangria, paella and about 5 small bites between the two of us. The beef empanadas, blue cheese sirloin and paella were my favorite.

My husband and I kept commenting about what a fun restaurant this would be to bring our family to when they come to visit. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone I know!

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Spicy Food”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Jumbo laya is spicy but good and the gumbo is excellent as well as the desert is delicious and the place is beautiful and it is crowded

Visited March 2013
New York
“Awesome food and ambience. Slow service”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

One of the best tapas restaurants I have been to. Must try the goat cheese, chorizo and mushrooms. We always get the white wine sangria - goes so well with the food. Value for money too. The place is big and the ambience is very lively. The service is usually slow, but everything else makes up for it.

• Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“It's been a while.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The polar vortex, a restaurant being closed for a private party, were elements that steered us to Cafe-Ba-Ba-ReeBa. We hadn't been there in years. The food was good, but the service was dicey--and I am being kind. I still remember the clumsy waiter pouring wine from the miniature carafe. He held it at an angle that allowed the wine to curl back and form a nice pool on my table that then spilled on to my pants. He apologized and used my napkin to wipe most of it up. Apologized again and then left. We did not see him for over ten minutes. The table was empty next to us so I grabbed one of their napkins to wipe up the rest, but I was still without a napkin. This sort of late, nonchalant service continued throughout the meal.
The food was good, but it will be a long time before we go back to Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba, if ever.

Visited January 2014
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Birthday Brunch with Family”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife planned a surprise brunch with my siblings here for my 40th Birthday. Bloody Mary bar was fun because we were able to create our own concoction. Omitted the Vodka after the first one and used water for the remaining 3. We had a great time, food was tasty and service was very friendly. Will definitely return.

• Visited January 2014