“Lovely time once again”
Review of Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!

Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 9,903 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Cross street: Armitage
Transit: Just North East of the Brown Line on Armitage.
Description: Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba! Is Chicago's original Spanish tapas bar, serving the Lincoln Park neighborhood since 1985.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was our second visit and we took the 14 year old... the picky 14 year old. The food was amazing as always, we like to pick 4-5 dishes and then 2-3 deserts... the caramelized banana was to die for... I am not even sure i remember the other two deserts that was so good... i did not share well with the other people at the table.

Beef tenderloin with blue cheese was very tender and once he removed the blue cheese Mr. Picky liked that a lot. the chicken and sausage skewer was my husband's favorite. We did like the Sea Scallop dish they had prior more than the Bay Scallop dish but it was very good.

First visit we did the Pintxos all 6 and that was a fun way to try new things. I have had all of their Sangrias and honestly we like the classic red the best.

we will be back...

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is my Spanish Tapas Stable. I think the portions for their tapas are actually quite large too, thus very affordable. Never had a bad time there. But note! It's ALWAYS packed.... so make a reservation if possible..... or, stop in early and plan on either having a drink at the bar for an hour- or go shopping.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

When we lived in Tennessee and visited Chicago occasionally on the way to see relatives, we often ate as a family at BabaReeba. It was one of our favorite places. I, years ago, took a group at a convention to eat there; it was terrific and since I was hosting, I was glad it was also not expensive. Family members had a rehearsal dinner there a few years ago; also great.

But that last time we ate there it was terrible. I thought maybe it was an off night and so we headed there again over Thanksgiving week with visiting family. Tapas is a fun way for a group of 7 to dine and everyone was enthusiastic.

Alas, disappointed again. Several of the dishes were tasty but as a whole, they tended to be heavily over salted and often overcooked. Just not good. The fried calamari in particular was virtually inedible. It was so covered in an oversalted spice mix that it ended up not even being totally finished by 7 people.

There are better Tapas places in Chicago. This one seems to me to coasting on fumes and doesn't live up to my memory of its better days.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Man, this is one of my favorite tapa restaurants in the US. The section, prices and service are great. In Lincoln Park.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Happened to be in this area of Chicago visiting & decided to explore Tapas since they were new to us. Oh my! You must try the blackberry sangria, bacon wrapped dates & spicy potatoes! Extremely tasty & reasonable price too! We also had the #61 meat platter & it was our least favorite as just nice cold cuts on a platter. The waitress was friendly, knowledgeable & helpful without being pushy. She also spaced out the delivery of our Tapas so we didn't get everything at once & could better enjoy each plate.

Like others commented the place was up tempo without being loud. We were casually dressed having just finished a run that morning and were treated well. We will definitely stop here again when in the area!