“Really good wings! ”

Ranked #3,048 of 10,821 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

I will start this review by saying I am very picky about my Buffalo wings. I complained to the woman at the counter that there were no medium Buffalo wings on the menu, then ordered the basic Buffalo wings with a side of suicide to give it a little more heat. Turns out - they didn't need the extra heat. The Buffalo wing on its own was outstanding! What they lack in heat they more than make up for in flavour. Would still be nice if there was an option between basic and suicide but if I ever get the chance to go back I would be very happy to have exactly what I had from this tiny hole-in-the wall of a place in Lincoln Park, tonight.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed June 21, 2016

According to my sons, this is the place. Right in Lincoln Park, in a hole in the wall building, you will probably agree...Best Italian Beef in Chicago and a hidden gem

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed March 10, 2016

As a matter of full disclosure, I must confess that I have never been a fan of Buffalo or BBQ or hot wings. Give me a meaty chicken leg or two or three any time. But this place is named House of Wings for a reason. Located at 2447 North Clark Street in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, House of Wings built a reputation by producing crispy little wings bathed in a sweet, spicy sauce. One sign says: "Best Buffalo wings in town." If all you want is a chicken wing experience and no chaser, one critic wrote, this is the place. Are House of Wings' chicken wings better than Jake Melnick's and Bird's Nest? It's for you to decide. Everyone seems to agree that House of Wings' Buffalo and BBQ wings are to die for. How can you beat a dozen Buffalo wings for $7.29? But my wife and I were encouraged to try some other items on the menu, including the hot dog, Italian beef sandwich, chicken tenders, Buffalo chicken tender sub, 2/3-pound double cheeseburger, fish sandwich, garlic bread, shrimp basket and the Philly cheesesteak sandwich with sauteed mushrooms and green peppers. The Philly cheesesteak is very good but not in a class with Monti's in Lincoln Square. There are a few small tables but most people order to go. Since we live fewer than 10 blocks away, we opted for a double order of BBQ wings, an Italian beef and a Philly cheesesteak. I still prefer chicken legs to chicken wings but I'm starting to get addicted to Philly cheesesteaks that are becoming more popular in Chicago. At House of Wings, you can enjoy all of it.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed October 24, 2014

This place makes truly wonderful Buffalo Wings. The order is made only when you place it, the cost is cheap, but the wings absolutely the best in Lincoln Park if not in the city. Highly recommend this place.
We always do take out, but they do have a small area of tables.
ZB

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank zabriskibound

Been to House of Wings? Share your experiences!