“LOTSA LOX” 5 of 5 bubbles

Frances' Deli
Ranked #1,101 of 9,466 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOTSA LOX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

OK PEOPLE OF THE WORLD HEAR THIS
Or those in the Chicago area, this past weekend I had the pleasure of eating at Frances’ and I also had the pleasure of being waited on by Devon. Both events were great. I shared the Lox platter and a side of bacon with a friend. The bagels were warm, chewy, and perfectly toasted, the salmon was cold pink and melt in your mouth, the cream cheese was thick and tangy, onions crisp and capers, well cappery (is that a word?) The bacon was good not the best in the world I had had better but hey I have had worse. Others in my party ordered the pancake corn dogs, and the skillet bowls. Everyone was happy with their order and very much enjoyed their food. And I am not saying that I eat with people that like to complain, but I do eat with people that like to complain, and everyone was too busy eating to complain. This in my book is a huge compliment.
The atmosphere is inviting and eclectic with a family feel we were surrounded by visiting families, local families, hipsters, scenesters, yuppies, and the all around Midwest mom visiting her kid at University.
The Brunette at the hostess stand was super friendly the clients were super friendly and Devon was super friendly and cute, wink wink Devon.
I would say this is a great breakfast, brunch spot, great for Sunday morning, hell great for Friday night
5 stars, enjoy, oh btw HUGE glasses of OJ so that’s a plus.

• Visited May 2013

Jundiai, SP
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had a wonderful breakfast last Saturday (May, 04th, 2013) the eggs was great, the tosts are perfect as I ordered....people that work there are kind and fast! Amazing!

• Visited May 2013
Central Illinois
“Best Service - Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate breakfast here on a Sunday morning. My friend and I ordered the Fried Egg B.L.A.T. and Cheese Blintzes and mentioned we would be splitting between us because we couldn't decide on just one thing. A few minutes later the food was pleasantly delivered - and already split for us. Never had we had someone do this for us (and we "split" often!) ~ and it was just one indication of the awesome service of this deli. I will DEFINATELY be back. (and the food, by-the-way was AWESOME!!!)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“awesome matzo ball soup!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

great traditional deli--although I did see lots of folks sending meals back so look things over carefully--hubby got pastrami when he ordered salami--fixed right up & all was well!! great sandwiches, soup & the breakfast looked immense!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Bloody Mary and Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Busy place, so you expect it to be good...and it was. The Bloody Mary was full of flavor. Rich and delicious. The egg sandwich with salami hit the spot. Expect to sit shoulder to shoulder as the place is tight and packed. We were there on a Sunday around noon. Tables turn quick so hang out it there is a line.