“Great dining”
Review of Sapori Trattoria

Sapori Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapori Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 9,520 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Cross street: Diversey
Transit: Diversey Brown Line, Fullerton Train stop, Clark St. Bus, Halsted Bus, Diversey Bus. Abundant Cabs at all Hours
Sioux City, Iowa
“Great dining”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We love Italian and this is some of the best we've ever had. Fresh pasta, the seafood dishes, salads, all wonderful. Our daughter is a vegetarian and she was satisfied with the choices too. We are looking forward to our next Chicago visit just to eat here.

• Visited March 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great meal and great experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had the pleasure of eating at Sapori this past Saturday night. They do 2 things very well, food and taking care of customers. The restaurant was VERY busy with many people waiting for table and due to no fault of the restaurant we needed to change tables. They were packed and this seemed impossible and we thought we should just leave and let them have their table back. We got up to leave and the manager stopped us and made it very clear it was his intent to do whatever was necessary to make it work out for us and convinced us to stay. Well, i'm glad we stayed because the service was very good, helpful and friendly despite being packed on a Saturday night and the food was absolutely fantastic including the Carbonara (yumm) and the Rigatoni caprese. Thanks to the staff for making this work, I would hate to have missed out on a meal this good

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went here on a Sunday night. I fortunately made a reservation as the restaurant was very busy. The food did take a while after we ordered, but we were in no rush and appreciated the well prepared, delicious food. The brussel sprout salad was a pleasant change and the grilled calamari was very flavorable. They replaced the bread basket with fresh warm bread as the 6 of us mopped up all the sauces. I was too full for dessert but those who weren't enjoyed the panna cotta and tiramisu. The only downside was that the noise level made it difficult to talk to those at the other end of the table.

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, very nice place!!! Nobody recommended to us!! Founded on Trip advisor but good surprise!!! I you visit Chicago it is a must!!

Sioux City, Iowa
“Good Food & Efficient Service”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I recently ate here on a Saturday night. We called ahead to get reservations and we were glad we did because it was busy. We were hoping to sit outside but most of those tables are set up for couples. We were happy to get a seat by the window which opens up to the street. Our table ordered a bottle of wine and I had a martini. They were both good and reasonably priced. Our service was quick but the waiter wasn't very friendly. I was happy with my order (the rigatoni caprese - I love the mozzarella) and my sister loved her seafood pasta dish, but my friend did not like her dish (the bolognese). I don't eat red meat so I didn't try her dish. The servers were quick to pick up our plates - almost too quick. They were there to take my dish one time when I set my fork down for a few moments. Overall, we had a nice meal and the location in Lincoln Park was perfect for our trip.

Visited July 2013