“Great guacamole. The rest is average.”
Review of Adobo Grill

Adobo Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Adobo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 9,602 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: North Avenue and Wells St
Transit: Brown Line - Sedgewick El stop North Ave bus
Lansing, Michigan
“Great guacamole. The rest is average.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Came here to eat and go to a second city comedy show. You cannot beat the location,but the food is average. Great chips, hot sauce and guacamole. Entrée leave a lot to be desired. I had the arrachera steak. It is just a steak cut up. Is missing the marinade they use in Mexico. My had the driest chicken in red sauce that you can have. Not so good.
On the good side, the service is excellent and the place is very clean. There are other restaurants in the area. Look around.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Gluten Free, But Not For the Price”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This place was sadly overpriced. It's wonderful that it had a gluten free menu but I must say my GF menu felt stripped down and bare bones. We ordered the guac without seeing a menu because she recommended it and it turned out to be $8 for not a ton of guac, felt a little ripped off. The guec was really good, but I can't get over the price.

• Visited February 2013
Portland
“This is the place!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Really great Mexican, all food handmade. Nice choice on the menu and super reasonable prices. The service was impeccable. When the owner learned we were seeing a show at Second City, he researched which theater we needed to go to following dinner. Our waiter was helpful with the menu selections, and our table was tended to nicely. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013
Willoughby, Ohio
“Say Yes to the Guacamole!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went here for dinner before seeing a show next door at Second City. The restaurant had a very comfortable feel and relaxed atmosphere. The food and service were both great. My boyfriend and I both enjoyed our dinners. I had the margherita's and they were fabulous! The best part hands down was the guacamole though. They ask if you want it, and you must say yes because it is the best guacamole I have ever had. It is made fresh right in front of you and served in a nice portion to the table. My boyfriend and I could not stop eating it until it was gone despite being overstuffed. A must try if you are in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Chocolate Tamale”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I went to the restaurant for my birthday, and the service was excellent. They even included a complimentary dessert. The restaurant does get very noisy, but they put us in a quieter booth off to the side. I do think it’s a bit pricey, but overall a very good meal. Be sure to try the chocolate tamale!

• Visited January 2013