“Excellence with a view”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Reviewed November 11, 2012

great restaurant with good food and has an upstairs view over Navy Pier and Lake Michigan. Food was great and the mixed appetizer plates was great idea. All very easy well cooked and good service.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I think it was my own fault, the built up anticipation about hearing of this place from several people, and the famous "SNL" skit, along with other various shows put a perception of greatness among hamburgers I was about to enjoy when I came to chow down at the Billy Goat.......that moment was a big dissappointment. If we would all be classified as some type of connoisseur in life, I would be that of a burger. I have enjoyed lots of good one's, lots and lots of average, and so on. This was average at best, really dry bun (maybe it was just ours). Toppings were Ok, but No Mayo....Give me a break( I'm Dutch here, stuff runs through my veins), burgers itself were on the small side and a bit bland. My wife had a single cheese, and I had a Dbl. and we both left hungry. A Big Dissappointment for the long anticipated wait. Glad they have the History and Atmosphere, because I am not sure they would be around if it wasn't for that.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were told by a friend that Billy Goats was one of the places you have to visit while in Chicago. Since I am a huge han a grilled cheese sandwiches, I was not opposed.

We really enjoyed it. Not quiet what we were expecting (not sure what to expect really), but it was a lot of fun. Think Five Guys but much older and not as polished. The food was awesome. My husband loved his burger, and my grilled cheese was fabulous! The staff was very nice and joked around with us. The food was prepared quickly and to order.

Make sure to bring cash! When we were there, they were no accepting credit cards.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This isn't the most amazing restaurant by any means, but when you need a hearty burger and fries they make it work. I always trust Billy Goat to make me an amazing, juicy, and plentiful burger. I do think it's a little wierd that they don't include sides with burger, but you can't win em all! keep up the good work Billy Goat!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Food was good and prices were good. staff were great and helpful with their picks for the best food, eat outside if the sun is shinning, inside is fun but the outside is best

Been to Billy Goat Tavern? Share your experiences!