“Classic Chicago deep dish pizza”

Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria
Get food delivered
Ranked #108 of 10,073 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Considered the oldest family name in Chicago pizza, Lou Malnati's is as rich in history as its deep dish pizza is in flavor. We use only the freshest and finest ingredients to craft each pizza by hand. Come try our legendary deep dish pizza with our famous Buttercrust. You won’t be disappointed! Our South Loop location offers dine in, carry out, delivery, and catering!
Reviewed August 5, 2016

We recently traveled to Chicago and wanted to try a classic deep dish pizza, and we certainly found it at Lou Malnati's. Unlike other deep dish pizza we have had at other restaurants, this deep dish pizza crust was perfectly cooked. Not too doughy, yet not too hard. The sauce and toppings were fresh, and the price was very reasonable.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,320)

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit to Chicago. I was referred here by a guy from the chicago that I met on the plane ( yes it was random lol). This place was pretty amazing. I had a personal deep dish with chicken sausage, veggies along with a root beer float. All I can say is that it was worth the drive. I've never been a big fan of deep dish Pizza but this was damm good. They got it right at this place. Pizza has the right amount of sauce, topping snd cheese. Best place we ate in Chicago.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 4, 2016

I've had Uno's and I needed to try Lou's while I was in Chicago - I am SOOO happy I did. Hands down the best deep dish pizza I've ever had. It was so good, I went back the next day and had it again! The pizza was great, the drinks were good, but I wasn't necessarily a fan of the deep dish sundae. I don't know, just didn't get me like the pizza did.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

Came here for deep dish pizza while in Chicago for business. Pizza was incredible! The sauce had great flavor, a firm crust, and just the right amount of cheese. If you are looking for a great deep dish experience while in Chicago, look no further.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 31, 2016

Lou Malnati's was the first place we ate at when we arrived in Chicago, based on the recommendation of a friend. And it sure started our trip off on the right foot. We arrived for an early dinner, as we knew the wait time could be pretty lengthy at later peak times, and we were headed to a concert later that evening. As soon as we put our name on the wait list, we were told that we could put in our pizza orders on the spot so that it would reduce the amount of time we had to wait for our food after being seated (genius!). Less than 5 minutes later our table was ready. We were impressed with that. We ordered the house salad to share as an appetizer, and it was great. It was very fresh and had a delicious house dressing (it was way better than I was expecting from a pizza place). Then our pizzas came and all I can say is Mmmmmmmmm! My boyfriend had the deep dish pizza and I had a thin crust one, and both were aaaaaaahhhhhmazing. I easily could have eaten here every day of our trip - it was hard not to. This will be the first place I eat again the next time I am back in Chi-town.

Date of visit: July 2016